XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

05-09-2008, 05:51 AM   #1
Mr.Marvelous
the name says it all...
Turkey
Rep
Drives: F30 BMW 320i Sport Line

X6 Sold Out!

http://www.worldcarfans.com/9080509....x6-is-sold-out

According to the news, almost all of the first year production X6's are sold out...

and I'm not suprised...
      05-09-2008, 07:25 AM   #2
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 comp

I was talking to my dealer yesterday and he told me that same crazy situation were with BMW X5 1,5 year ago..."boys in Spartanburg wish to see how big interest is in new modell so they product in 20-30 percents of fully production"..is there any point?!."you will see that in a 2-3 months situation will be as same as with x5...you can buy it everywhere "....i hope so that is true because mine will arrive in end of August.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2008, 09:18 AM   #3
Suzie's Dad
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: ML550/AMG

That article sounds kind of phoney. "There are still reportedly some dealership that have a few models left" -- WTF? The vehicle only just started shipping to dealerships! I agree with Deda.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2008, 11:01 AM   #4
cheaptrick
cheap
Rep
Drives: 335CIC & 35i X6

I'm not sure this article is that accurate. Maybe they will build 40k this year and ship more than half out of the US. But dealers have no waiting lists. Both the dealers by me recieved 2, x6's each. They still have all four of them two weeks later. If this car was so hot they would be gone. I think gas prices are hurting this full size SUV a bit as well as the general slowdown in the economy along with the fact it is a niche vehicle. Every time you slice the pie the slices get smaller. Mine was built this week and will be here in 3 weeks or so. Can't wait. Cheap