E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > which is voted best

05-08-2008, 11:34 PM   #1
homydevil
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 328i cabriolet

which is voted best

just curious for body work like Swirls, sealents and shine and glaze etc.,
Pls post if you have had great experiance with any (even if not on the list)
I hope It'll help other nubies to the bodywork world, like myself

so far I've gathered zaino's the best but somehow dont buy it that everything from them would be the greatest, when there are other companies like wolfgang & klasse which r friendly to the environment and once again, full of German research....but hey that's just my 2 cents
pls let us know yours!

Zaino
Chemical Guys
Woolfgang
Klasse
poorboys
meguire's
      05-08-2008, 11:48 PM   #2
cyba
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: beast

cant comment on the other products but Zaino seems to work really good.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2008, 12:14 AM   #3
LOLrance
The Law.
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: BMW

I've used Zaino for a while and have been very pleased with their product but not amazed. After hearing some recommendations, i've decided to try out CG Jetseal to see how it compares and also toping it with some sample Dodo's i just picked up.

But to be honest, it all depends on you the detailer. Some people swear by a certain product but when other people try that same product, they are not as amazed. Thats probably the one thing i learned from all the detailers on here. At the end of the day, its all about what you personally like. If you have the patience and money, i say try them all and find out for yourself which ones you like.
      05-09-2008, 12:35 AM   #4
L~R~G nor cal
Perfection Is In The Details
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 E90

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
^
+1

Every person is different.
      05-09-2008, 09:20 AM   #5
haper
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by homydevil View Post
I hope It'll help other nubies to the bodywork world, like myself
it really is subjective. plus there are so many variables that play into how good a product is, are you using a rotary, a flex, by hand, temp, humidity, color of car, manufacture of car dictates hardness of clear coat, etc.

when i was trying to find an answer i looked at the posts from the 'professional' detailers you see on this forum, autopia and detail bliss to see what they were using. for my e46 i decided on clearKote clay and lube, menzerna polishes (SIP and 106FF) and CG jetSeal 109 sealant. i'm still looking for a wax.

one more thing, i could be wrong but i get the feeling that suppliers specialize in one area. this is only romur but i've read menzerna has good polishes but there other sealant and wax isn't as good, zymol's higher end waxes are very good but not there polishes, same for swissVax. CG has good sealant and wax but not great polishes.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2008, 09:41 AM   #6
haper
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by homydevil View Post
zaino's the best but somehow dont buy it that everything from them would be the greatest
here are two examples that supports your theory that not everything from one supplier can be the best, both these guys are good and they both use products from different suppliers.

check out this detail on a e92 m3. the guy used menzerna 106FF polish then protected w/ zaino.

http://www.detailingbliss.com/forum/...w-m3-3441.html

here's another BMW, guy used menzerna 106FF polish, then jetSeal 109 sealant, then supernatural wax.

http://www.detailingbliss.com/forum/...edan-2821.html
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2008, 09:52 AM   #7
JOYRIIDE1113
Pirate
United_States
Rep
Drives: Detailing Shark

You gotta mix and match, every product line has its good and bad products.
sure Vintage is rad, but if they screw up the prep it won't matter if they coat it in pure white carnauba picked from trees that bloom every ten years during a full moon; it will still look like ass. ---PICUS
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2008, 01:42 AM   #8
uabimmer
Україна
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: JB e90 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
2003 330i  [0.00]
wow that e46 is

I just love a CLEAN BLACK BIMMER