XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

05-06-2008, 12:26 PM   #1
BmwLover
Rep
Drives: bmw x6

Tuning Program

Hey guys I just wanted to know will there be any tuning programs for the new X6 for example Hamann or Lumma Design
Thaaanks
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2008, 02:31 PM   #2
LeMansM5
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Are you asking about the body kits or you want to increase the HP? or both?
i am sure Hamann, Dinan and ACS will have something. For just increasing HP, I think Vishnu or Active Autowerke solution is better.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2008, 03:39 PM   #3
shenard
Captain
Rep
Drives: '09 X6 50i AW

Garage List
2009 BMW X6 50i  [0.00]
I am sure Dinan will have a turbo tune for both the 35i and 50i models and that is definitely the way I will go because of the warranty support unless Vishnu comes out with a great product for 50i.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2008, 06:13 PM   #4
Suzie's Dad
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: ML550/AMG

Eurobahn has been looking for a volunteer to lend their X6 as a guinea pig. See the separate thread.

Traditional performance tuning used to consist of polished intake manifolds and re-contoured camshafts and smooth-flow exhaust headers and stuff like that, but none of those can be applied to the twin-turbo engines in the X6. About the only thing anybody can do is tweak the software. Vishnu seems to have the lead doing that with the 35i engine at the moment, but others will no doubt catch up. I have read that BMW makes its source code available to Alpina; if true, they will no doubt come up with remapped 'chips'. People like Vishnu intercept the signals to the ECU and fool the computer into doing things it otherwise wouldn't. Which is the better or safer system is open to question. Either way, you'll invalidate your warranty. Dinan offers to pick up the remaining BMW warranty when you buy some of their stuff, but I have no idea how many people have ever tried to collect.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2008, 03:11 PM   #5
slipknot
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: omega 2.5

there will be...X6 AMG....haha what a joke... there will be a Hamann version , AC Shnitzer , Lumma Design , Hartge I hope , I hope G Power , I doubt Alpina although I think it would be awesome to have X6 Alpina ,but well have to wait and see u never know
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2008, 11:02 PM   #6
BmwLover
Rep
Drives: bmw x6

ThaaaaaaaanKs All
Appreciate 0