BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls > Chassis stabilization error

06-24-2017, 05:28 PM   #1
Whatup
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: LBB M2

Chassis stabilization error

Was on the track turning into a corner from a long straight, rear wheels kinda locked up a little bit and lost power. Got a error saying chassis stabilization, drive moderately. Turned the car off and on and it was fine. Anyone else experienced this? Error hasn't returned since and the rest of the run was fine, but thinking of taking it in just in case.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2017, 01:48 PM   #2
Peter_VIE
Private First Class
Austria
Rep
Drives: M2

same happened to me once on track, after hard braking and turning. Restarted engine and never appeared never since then.
Appreciate 2
Whatup30.50
D CHOI580.00
      07-06-2017, 04:42 AM   #3
D CHOI
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatup
Was on the track turning into a corner from a long straight, rear wheels kinda locked up a little bit and lost power. Got a error saying chassis stabilization, drive moderately. Turned the car off and on and it was fine. Anyone else experienced this? Error hasn't returned since and the rest of the run was fine, but thinking of taking it in just in case.
I just made a post about this as this happened to me in a parking lot. The error hasn't came back ever since. Have you gotten any updates about this?
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2017, 09:49 AM   #4
chmura
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Strange this would happen when the M2 does not have an adaptive suspension.

What is the cause of this?
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2017, 06:03 AM   #5
Wangspeed
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Sounds like the ediff getting upset. Was this before or after the initial breakin service?
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2017, 08:26 AM   #6
D CHOI
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wangspeed View Post
Sounds like the ediff getting upset. Was this before or after the initial breakin service?
I have about 3kish miles on the car already but everything seems fine now.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2017, 07:15 AM   #7
Whatup
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by D CHOI View Post
I just made a post about this as this happened to me in a parking lot. The error hasn't came back ever since. Have you gotten any updates about this?
I drove my car around for about 2 weeks after the error and didn't have a problem, but decided to bring it in just in case. There was a code for over-revving oops They just cleared the code and I was on my way. But over-revving in a parking lot? I guess anything is possible.
Appreciate 1
D CHOI580.00
      07-09-2017, 09:37 AM   #8
D CHOI
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatup
Quote:
Originally Posted by D CHOI View Post
I drove my car around for about 2 weeks after the error and didn't have a problem, but decided to bring it in just in case. There was a code for over-revving oops They just cleared the code and I was on my way. But over-revving in a parking lot? I guess anything is possible.
I don't remember over revving...it wasn't even that serious. Perhaps I didn't pause long enough when changing gears from reverse to 1st and pushed it lil hard.:
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2017, 10:08 PM   #9
rich8566
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 + Z-4

Garage List
2014 BMW M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatup View Post
Yes - a couple of times in my 235i on track. In all cases I was a bit low on fuel. A quick shutdown and restart cleared it in all cases.
      07-03-2018, 02:48 PM   #10
jasmial
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 Long Beach Blue

I've been getting this error warning for about a year now. Started last summer. Came on once, then again over the winter. Had a few other codes pop up during winter and brought car into dealer a couple of times. Two weeks later, after disassembling most of interior, they found a shorted wire in wiring harness under passenger side seat . No problems for the next 6 months, now the code has returned along with something about adaptive headlight malfunction. Just pops up at random times, usually resets after car has been turned off for a while. I have an appointment to have dealer look it at AGAIN next week.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2018, 03:32 PM   #11
Leichardti
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

I saw your post regarding chassis stabilization and adaptive headlight malfunction. I have the exact same problem with my 2015 335i. Along with the error messages, I lose power steering. The first time it happened was 3 weeks ago. Turned the engine off, then back on and the problem went away up until yesterday. Parked my car, went to Lowes and when I came back to the car and started it up, I got the problem again. Turned the engine off, then started it up and the problem went away momentarily, but came back after I pulled out of the stall. Did the same turn car off then back on with the same results for the next two attempts and got the same results (cleared errors only momentarily). Finally, after the forth attempt, the errors reset and I was able to drive the car home. My car is currently at the dealership. I am awaiting their update. Did you get any luck with resolving this problem?
Appreciate 0