E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > norcal/east bay alignment shops

06-13-2017, 02:27 AM   #1
dleccord
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i E90

norcal/east bay alignment shops

can anyone recommend a race alignment shop around the dublin/pleasanton area? just looking for more camber than stock specs and zero toe on my 2011 335i. btw, how is everyone's zero toe experience on the freeway? does steering feel more quicker and direct? also tire wear?

thanks,
jason
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2017, 01:43 PM   #2
fupac133
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi

Roger Kraus in Castro Valley or Motorsports Technique in Hayward

https://www.yelp.com/biz/roger-kraus...astro-valley-2

https://www.yelp.com/biz/motorsport-...orts+technique

Quote:
Originally Posted by dleccord View Post
can anyone recommend a race alignment shop around the dublin/pleasanton area? just looking for more camber than stock specs and zero toe on my 2011 335i. btw, how is everyone's zero toe experience on the freeway? does steering feel more quicker and direct? also tire wear?

thanks,
jason
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2017, 06:37 PM   #3
JChiang29
Sir Pimp Jon
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 328i Coupe

I went to Motorsport Technique the last time and they were very professional guys, but they cracked my cf sideskirts from not being careful and the car was still leaning really hard to the passenger side. They said that it was probably just because the car was too low..

Went to NFS Tires about 3 weeks ago and my experience there was the total opposite. They were not very professional, but the work they did was phenomenal. They have a hunter laser alignment machine so when I wrote down the alignment specs I wanted they told me to just tell them what camber specs i wanted and they would adjust the toe to get the thrust angle straight. Car has never driven this straight EVER...

Had to give a massive amount of toe in, but he said that the machine did not recommend 0 toe and at the end of the day the only number that matters is the thrust angle and they were right.

Hope this helps and GL with your alignment
Appreciate 1
      06-22-2017, 05:36 PM   #4
dleccord
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by JChiang29 View Post
I went to Motorsport Technique the last time and they were very professional guys, but they cracked my cf sideskirts from not being careful and the car was still leaning really hard to the passenger side. They said that it was probably just because the car was too low..

Went to NFS Tires about 3 weeks ago and my experience there was the total opposite. They were not very professional, but the work they did was phenomenal. They have a hunter laser alignment machine so when I wrote down the alignment specs I wanted they told me to just tell them what camber specs i wanted and they would adjust the toe to get the thrust angle straight. Car has never driven this straight EVER...

Had to give a massive amount of toe in, but he said that the machine did not recommend 0 toe and at the end of the day the only number that matters is the thrust angle and they were right.

Hope this helps and GL with your alignment
Thanks. Just got my alignment done at roger Kraus Racing. Was in and out in under an hour. Talked to Shawn and work was performed by Danny. Good people and will be back when I install new struts and springs.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2017, 06:51 PM   #5
Banana Clipper
Jewel Runner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01///G20///I20

Quote:
Originally Posted by fupac133 View Post

+1 for Motorsport Technique but I'd drop the car off and come back later if you can

www.BHANANA.com
2009 335i - SOLD
2021 M340i - GONE
2024 iX - Yea, she fast
Appreciate 0