E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > Screen Dead & No Sound...But Sounds Like Its Running???

06-10-2017, 03:48 PM   #1
Duck360198
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F30 340i Laguna Seca Blue

Screen Dead & No Sound...But Sounds Like Its Running???

Very confused on what's happening with my setup. Not sure if it's CCC failure or not. Here's some background info:

- 2006 BMW 330i (E90)

- At the beginning the week (Monday), the screen would flicker and then it would sound like a switch was flipped and it turned off. It would come back without me doing anything a couple minutes later. Then it would repeat after a few minutes.

- By Wednesday, it was completely off. I have zero visuals, zero sound...nothing.

- I've pressed the eject and volume buttons simultaneously with zero response.

- I have not pulled any fuses or disconnected the (-) battery terminal.

What's weird about all of this is that it sounds like there's a fan or motor still running coming from the disc slot(s). In the nighttime, there's still the orange light within the slots and behind the knobs. Does that indicate there's still life there? Or is that a clear indication it's shot?

My plan was to sell the car because I picked up a 335. A local independent shop was saying if it is a CCC failure (cannot know for sure until a diagnostic is run) I'd be looking at a $2400 part alone without labor or anything involved.

Would like to get your thoughts on this if possible.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0