THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics weird navigation bug with presets

06-06-2017, 12:01 AM   #1
kevinf
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 228i

weird navigation bug with presets

Hi I am experiencing a weird bug with idrive. For people who store FM/AM/SAT radio stations into the "Preset" menu, I would appreciate if any of you with the navigation system can try the following steps for me.

1. go to a preset in your "Preset" menu such as an FM station
2. go to the navigation map
3. while in navigation map, use the steering wheel scroll wheel to select another station in "Preset" menu that is of another type. Ex: if you chose an FM station in number 1, choose a satellite radio station using your steering wheel scroll wheel.
4. press the "Radio" button on the idrive controller.
5. does the screen go back to preset or goes back to "Satellite radio"

The issue is that it seems like if I choose a different type of station using the steering wheel while in navigation map, and then go back to the "Radio" screen, it actually goes back to the Satellite Radio menu listing out all the stations rather then the "Preset" menu.

By "Preset" I don't mean the 8 buttons. I hope that there is a fix for the bug but I want to see if anyone else experiences this.

I hope some of you can try this out for me in your cars.

Thank you in advance.
Appreciate 0