E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Weird O2 issue?

05-27-2017, 12:36 AM   #1
f82_spooly
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 M4, E92 M3, E46 M3

Weird O2 issue?

Ran into a weird issue. I had a 2C32 code and the scanner stated it was bank 2 pre cat. So I changed the sensor I'm pointing to now which is supposed to be bank 2 pre cat the grey wire right?. I drove for like 3 hours then it came back again? Wtf? So I googled around and read that 2C32 is after cat according to this post? Which is it? Did I change the wrong sensor ?

In addition to the 2C32 code I also got a 2C6C code which said Bank 2 POST CAT? But I figured the O2 from the post cat doesn't really od anything and its the pre cat that controls the AFR and stuff. So could it be the post cat triggering the pre cat code? Should i change that sensor as well?

"2C32 - Lambda probe in front of catalytic converter, trimming control Typically caused by the wrong O2 sensors in the wrong downpipe or a major exhaust leak. Grey wire loom goes to the back pipe, black wire loom goes to the front pipe."

Also I have stock downpipes.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0