BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Random "Trunk Open" warning

05-25-2017, 04:33 PM   #1
bartginger
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2

Random "Trunk Open" warning

Has anyone else experienced an intermittent "Trunk Open" warning on the dash when the trunk is definitely closed? It has been happening to me ever since I took delivery. It seems to occur after I open and close the trunk; the next time I start the car the warning will show up in the instrument cluster. The dealership says to give it time because adjusting the latch may lead to more difficult problems to solve down the line. Thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2017, 05:14 PM   #2
recycledAlva
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: MY17 BSM M2

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
I had something similar happen with my 228 a few years back when i first got it. But in my case it was that the latch wouldn't completely lock in no matter how hard i shut it. I think the fix for me ended up being me opening the trunk and pushing the button on the lid to open it again. It kind of reset the latch and i didn't have the problem again. So that might be Worth a try
      05-27-2017, 10:50 PM   #3
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: LBB 6MT M2 # 660/713

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartginger View Post
Has anyone else experienced an intermittent "Trunk Open" warning on the dash when the trunk is definitely closed? It has been happening to me ever since I took delivery. It seems to occur after I open and close the trunk; the next time I start the car the warning will show up in the instrument cluster. The dealership says to give it time because adjusting the latch may lead to more difficult problems to solve down the line. Thoughts?
Sounds like a faulty latch. Get them to fix it.
Appreciate 1