E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Last paid service

05-23-2017, 04:09 PM   #1
InControl
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '13 328i coupe

Last paid service

I am quickly approaching my 4 yr/50k miles anniversary. I have a 328i coupe (non turbo).

basic items covered are:
oil change
air filter
cabin filter
Rotate tires
Inspect and top all the standard fluids.

Will try to add to that list:
Lubricate all rubber seals, doors/windows/sunroof
Replace battery (starter cranks up longer than used to)
Flush auto tranny (hesitates a little under load up-hill

I know brakes are in very good shape. Am I missing any important items? Were you able to get these things or additional service covered for your last free service. Btw I have had sparks and coils replaced recently.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2017, 01:33 PM   #2
InControl
Lieutenant
Rep

Anyone with a somewhat recent last service feedback?? There must be some more 12s and 13s e9x owners besides me 😁.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2017, 01:40 PM   #3
E90Graphite07
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 E90 335i

If I were you, I'd seriously dig around under the hood, and spot for oil leaks/wetting say by the oil filter housing gasket, oil pan gasket, see the condition of the brake fluid (if black, should be pretty clear in color), inspect your control arm bushings, inspect interior door panels, center console, steering wheel for peeling, free wipers replaced (annually), replace rear trunk struts if closing your trunk doesn't offer some form of resistance, windshield weatherstrip for cracks, noises within your window regulator (roll windows up/down; does it clatter?)... these are off the top of my head. I remember going through the car as detailed as possible to get'em to take care of it all.1

Join us on Facebook:
E90Post - Houston
Houston BMW DIY Services
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2017, 02:21 PM   #4
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

When I had mine I asked for wiper blades, they're kind of pricey so why not....after being out of maint I got one set BMW, then ordered up the Valeos who if I'm not mistaken is OEM when they were like 2 for 1 online...
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2017, 04:15 PM   #5
InControl
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Graphite07 View Post
If I were you, I'd seriously dig around under the hood, and spot for oil leaks/wetting say by the oil filter housing gasket, oil pan gasket, see the condition of the brake fluid (if black, should be pretty clear in color), inspect your control arm bushings, inspect interior door panels, center console, steering wheel for peeling, free wipers replaced (annually), replace rear trunk struts if closing your trunk doesn't offer some form of resistance, windshield weatherstrip for cracks, noises within your window regulator (roll windows up/down; does it clatter?)... these are off the top of my head. I remember going through the car as detailed as possible to get'em to take care of it all.1
Car is holding up great. No apparent leaks but I'll check in more detail. May have tp take the engine cover off for a better view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John 070 View Post
When I had mine I asked for wiper blades, they're kind of pricey so why not....after being out of maint I got one set BMW, then ordered up the Valeos who if I'm not mistaken is OEM when they were like 2 for 1 online...
Almost forgot about the wiper blades.
Thanks!
Appreciate 0