BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

Mporium BMW

05-01-2008, 11:42 PM   #1
behemveh
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 e90 M3 6MT SG

Teleservices registration/activation needed?

I've got my assist registered and activated but when I try to access teleservices via iDrive the system prompts me to "activate teleservices". This fails everytime telling me to try again later from another location...

Do I need to do anything to activate this manually with a specific dealer?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2008, 10:57 AM   #2
apw2607
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 50e M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by behemveh View Post
I've got my assist registered and activated but when I try to access teleservices via iDrive the system prompts me to "activate teleservices". This fails everytime telling me to try again later from another location...

Do I need to do anything to activate this manually with a specific dealer?

Thanks!
Thats a good question. Mine seemed to start working when I registered BMW Assist. This makes sense, as BMW USA advertise Teleassist as a part of BMW Assist.

I would call BMW Assist (888) 333-6118 and ask them about it .... failing that, take it to the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2008, 11:11 AM   #3
behemveh
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 e90 M3 6MT SG

Quote:
Originally Posted by apw2607 View Post
Thats a good question. Mine seemed to start working when I registered BMW Assist. This makes sense, as BMW USA advertise Teleassist as a part of BMW Assist.

I would call BMW Assist (888) 333-6118 and ask them about it .... failing that, take it to the dealer.
Thanks. I did actually SOS the assist folks, and while friendly, they didn't know. Like you, they suggested talking to the dealer, which I will.

Could also be because I bought it from a dealer that's not the closest. I.e. there are several closer dealers and the one I bought from knew I wasn't going to be servicing with them.
Appreciate 0