E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > A/C issue help!!!

05-20-2017, 10:34 AM   #1
florotory
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i

A/C issue help!!!

So about 7-8 months ago the AC broke in my 2011 335i. I already checked the R134 and it is good. I bought the Bentley manual and it is horrible as a repair manual. Doesn't tell you how to check anything. Just where everything's is located.

The blower works but just pushed warm air. Also the floor vent button on the climate control doesn't work but the other 2 vent controls do.

I do know the JBE a lot of times can cause the A/C not to work and if I read correctly it affects the climate control too. I have searched and sesrched and cannot find a thread where someone has said how they troubleshot it.

Can the JBE be tested to see if it works without taking it to a dealership and is there any other test procedures I can do to see if the compressor is working. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2017, 06:52 PM   #2
DJtoad
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 535i M Sport

How did you check the refrigerant? With gauges, and if so, what were the high and low side readings?
      05-20-2017, 07:17 PM   #3
florotory
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJtoad View Post
How did you check the refrigerant? With gauges, and if so, what were the high and low side readings?
Yea checked it with a gauge. It's been about 6-8 months since I did the initial test so I can't remember what the reading was but it did test where it was suppose to.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2017, 04:41 AM   #4
kkasson
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW 328i, 08 BMW 528i

Do you have INPA or a similar scan tool? If there are electrical issues it should have some kind of code stored. Check the IHKA module for sure, and maybe the others too.

If you have access to a scanner, also check the evaporator temperature directly on the tool. The evaporator may be cold but it's not blending to the cool side. It should be 35ish degrees F.

Did you have any work done with the center console? There's a wire that goes to the rear vent control dial and if the wire gets disconnected or damaged it can cause the whole system to stop working. That's probably not the issue in your case, but I've seen it more than a couple times, and it's hard to diagnose because you wouldn't expect it to affect the whole system. But it might be a similar simple electrical issue, especially if you're sure the refrigerant level is correct. The compressors hardly ever fail, but there are lots of other issues that can cause it to stop working.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2017, 10:37 PM   #5
florotory
United_States
Rep

I didn't have any work done to it prior. I ordered the INPA cable and got it today. Unfortunately I don't have a laptop so I have to wait for a friend of mine to come over to lend me his.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2017, 02:19 PM   #6
Jarrod
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E93 335is

Quote:
Originally Posted by florotory View Post
Yea checked it with a gauge. It's been about 6-8 months since I did the initial test so I can't remember what the reading was but it did test where it was suppose to.
If your evaporator developed a leak the refrigerant could be completely gone by now. Check it again.