E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Body Shop Recomedation In SF South Bay.

05-04-2017, 07:48 PM   #1
rayy
Rep
Drives: 2009 E93 335i

Body Shop Recomedation In SF South Bay.

My car was hit in a parking garage (hit and run) and I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for an excellent body shop in the bay area. I'm in San Jose so the closer to here the better. I've used B-Line before but not since they were sold to Caliber. Anyone have recent experience with them or any other body shop?
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2017, 08:10 PM   #2
yipronny
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2012 e92

I have used B-line as well prior to their conversion when someone hit my car at a garage. My most recent conversation this year with their manager Ryan assures me that the crew stayed the same just that they were sold to Caliber Collison. However, I wasn't quite sastified with their work...if you don't mind , I would suggest going to BMW of Concord as they have their own certified BMW shop. I took my M4 their this year when someone hit and run it at a parking lot (such poor luck) and they did a great job. Plus they offer pick up and drop off service from your house if you schedule it.

Hope this helps!!
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2017, 10:25 PM   #3
AlanH
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i E92

Garage List
I had an almost hit-and-run, but luckily I had a cop who saw who got their insurance info for me.

I went to The Works Auto Body, located in Santa Clara, who sourced a brand new bumper and did everything for me quickly. The BSM they laid on the new bumper was exactly the same match with the rest of the car. I highly recommend them. They also work on exotic cars too.

All of this was invoiced to around $1300 to the insurance company.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/the-works-a...y-santa-clara?
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2017, 01:35 AM   #4
rayy
Rep
Drives: 2009 E93 335i

Thanks for the suggestions. Concord is just too far for me to go, I know there are a few good places in East Bay but I'm hoping to find something on this side of the bay. The Works and German Auto Body are two of the places I was looking into but since I have not had any experience with them any info is very much appertained.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2017, 02:13 AM   #5
bmwarg
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 335i, 2012 E70 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayy View Post
Thanks for the suggestions. Concord is just too far for me to go, I know there are a few good places in East Bay but I'm hoping to find something on this side of the bay. The Works and German Auto Body are two of the places I was looking into but since I have not had any experience with them any info is very much appertained.
Highly recommend European Collision. I've had my two BMWs go there many times. Talk to Angie.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2017, 02:04 AM   #6
samvora
The Dark Knight
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36, E46, E90, G05 and MB W205

Kiss collision in south San Jose! Legit work and good old guy and daughter running it. They believe in perfection. I used to take my car to Mike at B Line as well but never after they got sold to Caliber. For non body work but auto internal repair - Akins auto repair in San Jose. Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2017, 11:57 AM   #7
Vincent_E90
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 E90 335i 6MT BSM

+1 on BMW Concord. Very professional shop. If it's too far you can just sign up for AAA and tow it over there.
Mine - 2008 E90 335i Black Sapphire Metallic 6MT | New OEM Turbos @ 111k| Cobb Stage 2 LT Sport | Full Stainless Steel Akrapovic Exhaust | 5'' Stepped FMIC | VRSF Catless Downpipes| 19in BBS CH-R Matte Black | aFe Stage 2 Air Intake and air scoops| Mishimoto OCC| M-Tech Front Bumper
Appreciate 0