E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Farewell

04-24-2017, 06:31 PM   #1
AnthonyT
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335I

Farewell

It's time to say goodbye. I sold my 2008 335i last week and picked myself up a 2017 Tacoma TRD Off-road. The BMW was FBO and was a lot of fun. Learned a lot about cars from this forum and gained a lot of nice experiences. Just was time to move on. Got a great deal on the Tacoma. Came with a 10 year warranty and 6 years of free maintainince.

BMW:

Tacoma:
      04-24-2017, 06:36 PM   #2
Captain comic
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 328xi

Tacoma is indestructible we all know that from Top Gear!
I'm looking to get into 335 lol. If you don't mind me asking - how much you sold it for? Just to have an idea roughly of 08 335 e92 and what mileage was it? Were there issues with turbos or gaskets?
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2017, 07:12 PM   #3
racermp
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 330i

Bet you u will never have an unscheduled visit to the yota dealer for the next 10 years lol.

How u liking the 3.5? I had the 4.0 in my last 4runner. That was a good motor/trans
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2017, 07:21 PM   #4
lordbmw
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 335xi Coupe (AT)

Why do you need a pickup truck if you don't mind me asking?
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2017, 07:42 PM   #5
AnthonyT
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by racermp View Post
Bet you u will never have an unscheduled visit to the yota dealer for the next 10 years lol.

How u liking the 3.5? I had the 4.0 in my last 4runner. That was a good motor/trans
I hope so, but I got the extended warranty for an absolute steal so I wasn't going to pass it up. The 3.5 so far is solid. I'm still in the break in period so I haven't been driving it hard yet. But it does pick up quick enough, it's no BMW but it's plenty quick. But I can say I absolutely love the Tacoma so far.

I also went with the truck because my interests and hobbies are difficult to do in a BMW or sedan/coupe for that matter and I found myself always having to rent a truck every few months to haul things. I also work in construction and getting the BMW in certain job sites was nearly impossible if not impossible. The truck is just more practical for me at this point in my life.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2017, 08:12 PM   #6
bloppitybloop
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordbmw View Post
Why do you need a pickup truck if you don't mind me asking?
Why do you need a BMW?
Appreciate 1
BSM n54iS2684.50
      04-24-2017, 08:30 PM   #7
lordbmw
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 335xi Coupe (AT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckedhim View Post
Why do you need a BMW?
Because I want to project power and status like Darth Vader
Appreciate 2
      04-24-2017, 09:03 PM   #8
Benstuck
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i N55 E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyT View Post
I hope so, but I got the extended warranty for an absolute steal so I wasn't going to pass it up. The 3.5 so far is solid. I'm still in the break in period so I haven't been driving it hard yet. But it does pick up quick enough, it's no BMW but it's plenty quick. But I can say I absolutely love the Tacoma so far.

I also went with the truck because my interests and hobbies are difficult to do in a BMW or sedan/coupe for that matter and I found myself always having to rent a truck every few months to haul things. I also work in construction and getting the BMW in certain job sites was nearly impossible if not impossible. The truck is just more practical for me at this point in my life.
I'm about to make a similar transition, although I'm going to buy the Tacoma as a daily. You gotta give me a full review!

I'm looking at the same model, 4 door 5ft bed TRD off road. How was price negotiation? I was looking at used 16's and they are not much different in price from the 17's. These trucks retain their value really well.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2017, 09:36 PM   #9
geost
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d M Sport

Quote:
It's time to say goodbye. I sold my 2008 335i last week and picked myself up a 2017 Tacoma TRD Off-road. The BMW was FBO and was a lot of fun. Learned a lot about cars from this forum and gained a lot of nice experiences. Just was time to move on. Got a great deal on the Tacoma. Came with a 10 year warranty and 6 years of free maintainince.

BMW:

Tacoma:
How much did you get it for if you don't mind me asking? You can PM if you want. I've been looking at the Tacoma's, debating on selling my 335d but the Tacoma's seem expensive (LOL at myself thinking the BMW is any cheaper...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordbmw View Post
Because I want to project power and status like Darth Vader
      04-24-2017, 09:46 PM   #10
AnthonyT
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skhmund View Post
I'm about to make a similar transition, although I'm going to buy the Tacoma as a daily. You gotta give me a full review!

I'm looking at the same model, 4 door 5ft bed TRD off road. How was price negotiation? I was looking at used 16's and they are not much different in price from the 17's. These trucks retain their value really well.

Get the 2017, the price difference between used is very negligible. I got the 2017 Trd Off-road 4x4 with the JBL audio, tech package and few additional ad ons. I got the truck at 300 dollars above what the dealer pays for the truck. (Pm me I'll give you the actual price I paid out the door) Along with a warranty and maintenance plan. As well as one item of my choice out of the dealerships store for free.

As far as the truck goes, it's fantastic. I test drove a F-150, dodge 1500 and 2500 diesel. A chevy 1500 and a gmc. The Toyota was the best in my opinion as far as price. Anyone of those trucks I just listed was 20K more to have a similiar package as the Tacoma.

Now as far as driving and the feel of the truck. It's pretty awesome, it handles fairly well (for a truck) and it picks up speed pretty quickly. I haven't had any issues merging or anything to speed up in traffic. The truck has parking assist and blind spot monitoring which makes changing lanes and parking a lot easier. The JBL audio system is on par with the iLogic the bmws have. The onboard computer and navigation is a lot more user friendly and pretty looking than any of the bmws I've driven including the F series 3's. The seat warmers are great, the seats in the TRDs are only cloth which is fine with me and they're manual. Unless you get the limited trim. I'm averaging the same MPG's in the truck as I was in the 335. Honestly hands down, so far I love the Tacoma and I have no regrets in making the swap. I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but it's hands down an awesome truck.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2017, 10:20 PM   #11
Benstuck
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i N55 E92

Quote:
Get the 2017, the price difference between used is very negligible. I got the 2017 Trd Off-road 4x4 with the JBL audio, tech package and few additional ad ons. I got the truck at 300 dollars above what the dealer pays for the truck. (Pm me I'll give you the actual price I paid out the door) Along with a warranty and maintenance plan. As well as one item of my choice out of the dealerships store for free.

As far as the truck goes, it's fantastic. I test drove a F-150, dodge 1500 and 2500 diesel. A chevy 1500 and a gmc. The Toyota was the best in my opinion as far as price. Anyone of those trucks I just listed was 20K more to have a similiar package as the Tacoma.

Now as far as driving and the feel of the truck. It's pretty awesome, it handles fairly well (for a truck) and it picks up speed pretty quickly. I haven't had any issues merging or anything to speed up in traffic. The truck has parking assist and blind spot monitoring which makes changing lanes and parking a lot easier. The JBL audio system is on par with the iLogic the bmws have. The onboard computer and navigation is a lot more user friendly and pretty looking than any of the bmws I've driven including the F series 3's. The seat warmers are great, the seats in the TRDs are only cloth which is fine with me and they're manual. Unless you get the limited trim. I'm averaging the same MPG's in the truck as I was in the 335. Honestly hands down, so far I love the Tacoma and I have no regrets in making the swap. I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but it's hands down an awesome truck.
Question: does the TRD OR come in 2WD as well or only in 4WD?

Ive been looking for Super White TRD OR 4Dr, but most of the dealers in Houston have mostly red, orange and tan TRD OR's.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2017, 10:32 PM   #12
AnthonyT
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skhmund View Post
Question: does the TRD OR come in 2WD as well or only in 4WD?

Ive been looking for Super White TRD OR 4Dr, but most of the dealers in Houston have mostly red, orange and tan TRD OR's.

They come in 2wd and 4wd. I'd recommend getting the 4wd. Be patient, I looked around for around 3 months until I found the one I wanted.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2017, 11:06 PM   #13
geost
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d M Sport

What bugs me is that Toyota still doesn't offer HIDs or LED headlights standard on the Tacoma. I mean, come on, you can get them on the Corolla and Prius for chrissakes.
      04-26-2017, 04:34 AM   #14
nekbreaker
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw e92 m3

I know where you coming from this is my 2 rides
Attached Images

Appreciate 0