F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > New f36 discounts?
Studio RSR

04-23-2017, 03:36 PM   #1
Arwmjc
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335d xdrive on order

New f36 discounts?

I was just wondering what sort of discounts people getting on new 435d gc and interest rate on that model.. any ideas?? And is trl still the goto man???
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2017, 04:08 PM   #2
M40CCA
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 335xdrive LCI msport

www.broker4cars.co.uk

Are offering £9,200 discount and 4.9%
      04-23-2017, 04:36 PM   #3
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Q7 & Clubman JCW on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by M40CCA View Post
www.broker4cars.co.uk

Are offering £9,200 discount and 4.9%
BMW still offering 2.9%.

Broker4cars put you directly in touch with the dealers for most brands, but unfortunately not with BMW. Personally I'd just speak to a dealer and get them to match the broker price.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2017, 04:40 PM   #4
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

If you do go for a broker try DTD, they have £9.9k discount and they also apply the same percentage discount to options, so £11-12k achievable depending on your spec.

Again, could still get a dealer to match that discount if you're willing to put the work in.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2017, 05:07 PM   #5
Arwmjc
First Lieutenant
Rep

Ok cheers I will have a play on them sites get a spec together and take it from there... why I'm talking spec what are the must ones? I would like hud for sure
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2017, 05:25 AM   #6
MashinBenzin
Major General
Rep
Drives: Eiger D5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwmjc View Post
Ok cheers I will have a play on them sites get a spec together and take it from there... why I'm talking spec what are the must ones? I would like hud for sure
HUD is great, you need SLD (speed limit display) to get the most out of it though.

I would not be without the adaptive suspension, it allows the best of both worlds and it really does adapt as you drive. My number one option (40i engine aside).

MSport+ is great value and is really a must on these cars - the HK stereo that it includes is very good.

Comfort access - a rip off, but adds good functionality. I didn't pick this, had to draw the line somewhere, but miss having it.

Extended storage is very useful and cheap, sliding armrest is useful too.

People swear that the heated steering wheel is the best thing ever.

I like lane departure warning, the little orange triangles in the mirrors are a very useful double check.

Reversing assist camera is brilliant, the all round camera package is probably even better.

Drives - 2020 LR Discovery HSE-L
Previous - 2019 LR Discovery HSE-L // 2016 F36 440i // 2009 E90 320D SE
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2017, 08:36 AM   #7
moff
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X4M Competition

I've just got 20% discount and 2.9% APR from Sytner on a new F32 440i.

Spec is interesting, I didn't go for Adaptive in the end, read every long thread on here and ultimately I don't want the 'Comfort' mode which is the major benefit of Adaptive so happy to keep with M Sport suspension. If I had an SE or XDrive car I would go for Adaptive due to the non-M suspension.

I've got the HUD, but no speed limit assist - switched it off on my C63 so never really liked it. I've also specced the digital cockpit (should be labelled as dash) as I think it modernises the cabin.

Other key options - M Sport Plus package, a no brainer. Also a leather dash - seems expensive but greatly improves the cabin and I love it in my 640d and wouldn't be without it again.

I didn't bother with any of the safety gizmos, but love the Reverse camera (not surround).

Gone: 2019 X3M Competition, Toronto Red, Adelaide Grey.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2017, 10:05 AM   #8
exponology
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Range Rover Sport Autobiograph

Quote:
Originally Posted by moff View Post

Spec is interesting, I didn't go for Adaptive in the end, read every long thread on here and ultimately I don't want the 'Comfort' mode which is the major benefit of Adaptive so happy to keep with M Sport suspension. If I had an SE or XDrive car I would go for Adaptive due to the non-M suspension.

I've got the HUD, but no speed limit assist - switched it off on my C63 so never really liked it. I've also specced the digital cockpit (should be labelled as dash) as I think it modernises the cabin.

Other key options - M Sport Plus package, a no brainer. Also a leather dash - seems expensive but greatly improves the cabin and I love it in my 640d and wouldn't be without it again.

I didn't bother with any of the safety gizmos, but love the Reverse camera (not surround).
The F36 LCI comes with a new and improved dashboard (more matte finish and more quality feel and has the new double stitch as standard... was going to go for the leather dash, but glad I didn't as the new one looks much better than the pre-LCI!!
      04-24-2017, 03:21 PM   #9
Arwmjc
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

So what was the list price including options???
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2017, 07:13 AM   #10
ischemic
Private
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

When you see the discounts at broadspeed or dtd etc, do these normally contain the 'deposit contributions' you'd get at a dealer?
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2017, 07:16 AM   #11
JD6
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 840i GC + Mini Electric L3

Quote:
...talking spec what are the must ones?
An expensive question to ask on this forum.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2017, 07:23 AM   #12
AlwynMike
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F36 440i GC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ischemic View Post
When you see the discounts at broadspeed or dtd etc, do these normally contain the 'deposit contributions' you'd get at a dealer?
Yes

It's in the small print, although not so much at Broadspeed. DTD say so clearly, as well as the need to get BMW finance to get that contribution.

440i GC £10270 discount in total with 2.9% over 4 years. Minimum finance £8k

Mike
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2017, 10:26 AM   #13
werewolf81
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 125i

Ok, it's something that has been bothering me for a while.

If it's so easy to get ~£10k off the original price, why dealers just don't drop prices to the normal values in the first place?

Is it about marketing crap which makes the customer think: 'What a deal I've got!' or there's actually people who buy a 4er for the full price without trying to get any discounts?
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2017, 11:11 AM   #14
Dave911
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw 330d

Quote:
Originally Posted by werewolf81 View Post
Is it about marketing crap which makes the customer think: 'What a deal I've got!' or there's actually people who buy a 4er for the full price without trying to get any discounts?
Probably a bit of both. There will be people who will pay full price who maybe dont know the extent of the discounts available. I know of 4 bmw owners who didnt know the likes of c2c, dtd etc exist. They got a few thousand of and thought it was amazing.

The dealer is still making money selling you a car 10k less the asking price and it makes the customer think they have got a bargain.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2017, 01:51 PM   #15
moff
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
So what was the list price including options???

Expensive....

The list price before discount:

£43,430 list price of 440i Coupe
£51,880 including all options listed and including sport auto (£8,455)
£60,375 including MPPSK, Aerodynamics pack (carbon exterior), 405M's, Service Pack

I pay £50,500 which is about 16-17% discount overall but my deal is a little complex with some negative equity thrown in and I was given £3k more for my car than offered by all other BMW dealers whom I spoke to, so that brings the overall discount to over 20%.

All at 2.9% APR.

I'm not going to display monthly cost, it's more complex too given the M Performance parts do not any residual value so I am effectively paying for them at 100% divided by the term. I'm also paying for the MPPSK separately at collection to reduce the monthly.

I think I could have got a better deal on the M Performance parts had I gone direct to Cotswold but opted to give some loyalty to Sytner as they've always been good to me and overall it was priced okay (labour thrown in).

I'll get some money back from selling the stock 704M's and selling the stock exhaust which will help pay for the MPPSK!!

Appreciate 0
      04-25-2017, 01:53 PM   #16
moff
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave911 View Post
Probably a bit of both. There will be people who will pay full price who maybe dont know the extent of the discounts available. I know of 4 bmw owners who didnt know the likes of c2c, dtd etc exist. They got a few thousand of and thought it was amazing.

The dealer is still making money selling you a car 10k less the asking price and it makes the customer think they have got a bargain.
Just look at the 6 series, it was incorrectly priced from day 1.

I got £23k discount without any hard work in haggling which is crazy.

But yes most don't realise you can get double digit discounts and are happy with a few £k off.

Oh and most big discounts only apply to BMW finance purchases, not to cash buyers.

Last edited by moff; 04-25-2017 at 03:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2017, 03:33 AM   #17
werewolf81
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 125i

Quote:
Just look at the 6 series, it was incorrectly priced from day 1.

I got £23k discount without any hard work in haggling which is crazy.
That's good to know that it's possible because when I saw some discounts I thought there's a catch somewhere.

However, it looks like the only potential disadvantage is taking finance, which being 2.9% APR for 4 series seems to be the lowest across BMW range.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2017, 12:51 PM   #18
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by werewolf81 View Post
That's good to know that it's possible because when I saw some discounts I thought there's a catch somewhere.

However, it looks like the only potential disadvantage is taking finance, which being 2.9% APR for 4 series seems to be the lowest across BMW range.
If you don't need finance just pay it off after a couple of months. BMW don't ask for the finance discount back.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2017, 01:52 PM   #19
DougMcL
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW i4 40e, Honda Jazz Hybrid

I'd not wait the two months. Just pay it off within the 14 day cooling off period. No fees then, just a tiny bit of interest.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2017, 03:59 PM   #20
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougMcL View Post
I'd not wait the two months. Just pay it off within the 14 day cooling off period. No fees then, just a tiny bit of interest.
I read somewhere that at least one manufacturer, and I don't think it was BMW, went after you for the finance discount if you did that. Technically you're not settling early, which they can't do anything about, you're not actually taking the finance at all, so no discount.

Not saying BMW would do that as I don't know, but that was why I suggested two months. You will have made at least one payment by then.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2017, 04:32 PM   #21
DougMcL
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW i4 40e, Honda Jazz Hybrid

certainly worked with VW. They didn't even charge interest...
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2017, 04:43 PM   #22
Odyn
Rep
Drives: Audi A6 Avant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex440 View Post
I read somewhere that at least one manufacturer, and I don't think it was BMW, went after you for the finance discount if you did that. Technically you're not settling early, which they can't do anything about, you're not actually taking the finance at all, so no discount.

Not saying BMW would do that as I don't know, but that was why I suggested two months. You will have made at least one payment by then.
Did this with my Audi no problem. Paid off finance after 3 days, interest was around £11.

A good option if you want to pay cash but also want dealer contribution/finance incentives such as free services.
Appreciate 0