F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > iPhone Integration
Studio RSR

04-23-2017, 12:36 PM   #1
jrah
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340d

iPhone Integration

Coincidence or not? I updated my iPhone 6S last week (whatever the latest update is) and since then whenever the phone is connected to the car (USB or Bluetooth) I cannot select media via the steering wheel, so i'll scroll through he black panel display and press select, the track won't be selected, same goes for selecting on the iDrive screen, the only way is to select media from the iPhone itself, quite frustrating.

Another little niggle, everytime I connect my phone, it automatically loads every app that communicates with the car, Spotify, m power meter, connected drive - the list goes on, I've only been having these issues since the latest update, is it just more or is anyone else having these issues to.

I've tried pairing/unpairing the phone, had a little browse through some settings but don't seem to be any the wiser, can anyone help?
      04-23-2017, 03:41 PM   #2
rosstin
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 340i saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrah View Post
Coincidence or not? I updated my iPhone 6S last week (whatever the latest update is) and since then whenever the phone is connected to the car (USB or Bluetooth) I cannot select media via the steering wheel, so i'll scroll through he black panel display and press select, the track won't be selected, same goes for selecting on the iDrive screen, the only way is to select media from the iPhone itself, quite frustrating.

Another little niggle, everytime I connect my phone, it automatically loads every app that communicates with the car, Spotify, m power meter, connected drive - the list goes on, I've only been having these issues since the latest update, is it just more or is anyone else having these issues to.

I've tried pairing/unpairing the phone, had a little browse through some settings but don't seem to be any the wiser, can anyone help?
I have the same with every app opening.. pretty close to deleting all the bmw ones
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2017, 01:41 AM   #3
RalphyBMW
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330d xDrive MSport

Which version of iDrive do you have?
      04-24-2017, 05:04 AM   #4
jrah
Captain
United Kingdom