Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > TPM Malfunction 2007 e90 Sedan

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

04-19-2017, 04:37 PM   #1
bsouth19
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 535i xDrive

TPM Malfunction 2007 e90 Sedan

I have two sets of wheels and tires and took the winters of a few weeks ago. No issues, all.sensors were fine. One week ago I started driving and about 10 miles in I got a TPM Malfunction error through idrive and the sensors would not reset.

I wanted to troubleshoot the sensors so I popped the winters back on and took them off one by one, driving 300 ft inbetween. Front driverside was left, no code back on... thought I had it figured out. When I put the summer front driverside back on, the code remained off. Figured it was a gremlin. Like a jerk I checked tire pressure in the summers and saw a few were high so I tool them down. Turned the car back on and had the TPM Malfunction code again. Tried to swap again with just the front driverside and didn't cure it.

I may try to swap all 4 again and see what happens, but does point to the receiver or the module in the trunk? If it's the receiver, how do I know which one when the car won't say what wheel is throwing the code?

Any ideas are helpful. I read a bunch of threads before posting and seemed to get varying solutions.

Thanks!

Last edited by bsouth19; 04-19-2017 at 06:19 PM..
Appreciate 0