F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > Alfa Romeo Giulia
proTUNING Freaks

04-19-2017, 04:10 PM   #1
Postcab
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Jag XE

Alfa Romeo Giulia

Has anyone driven one of these?

Might be a cheeky left field choice. There seem to be some pretty good leasing deals on the 280 Veloce (3+35 is £383 at 8k miles). Equipment looks good, so would only need a couple of options and the reviews seem to suggest it steers and goes well.

Are the old stories of poor reliability and even worse dealers now history?
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2017, 05:22 PM   #2
Bricktrix
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Audi RS5 Sportback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postcab View Post
Has anyone driven one of these?

Might be a cheeky left field choice. There seem to be some pretty good leasing deals on the 280 Veloce (3+35 is £383 at 8k miles). Equipment looks good, so would only need a couple of options and the reviews seem to suggest it steers and goes well.

Are the old stories of poor reliability and even worse dealers now history?
If they are history I think there seems to be a stigma with them that people still dont trust?

There was a discussion on here about the quadrifoglioliolioliolio around 6 months ago where people were saying just that.

I was on the list for a test drive as soon as dealers got them in U.K. They rang me a couple of weeks before they arrived in to book a date, but I was a few weeks away from having my AMG delivered by then, so knocked it back....also because I was very dubious about the reliability and dealer back up if problems arose.

I still love the car and its high on my next car list,..... by the time that happens I will be able to see / hear of issues people may have had.

I drive past one on my way to / back from work thats on dealers forecourt, they keep swapping them out between red and blue, but in all colours they really do look the danglies
Previous BMW's owned in last 30 years: E30 C2 2.3 Alpina, E30 325i (multiples), E30 M3, E36 M3 x2, last one owned for 9 years. 11 years out, got an F36 4GC then Merc AMG C43 Coupe. Now Audi RS5 Sportback.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2017, 02:24 AM   #3
Postcab
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Jag XE

Thanks Bricktrix

I agree that it does look good, especially the pictures in Red and White. I haven't seen one in the flesh, but will try to get over to my local dealer at the weekend to take a good look. Their Google reviews aren't very good though..

I understand Alfa are already working on some trim and switch upgrades so that doesn't bode well for an early adopter
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2017, 02:33 AM   #4
PaulT_M5
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: San Marino Blue F90

I looked at a Quadrifoglio - great drivers' car, but only 4 seats and no split-folding rear option meant it wouldn't work for me.

As for reliability, the 2016 Driver Power survey shows Alfa towards the bottom of the table with 89.76%. However, 10 years ago Lexus topped the table with 89.16% reliability.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-new...facturers-2016

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threa...results.93227/
Appreciate 0