F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > B58 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > NEW RELEASE: DINANTRONICS Elite (340i / 440i w/ MPPSK)
ARMA SPEED

04-04-2017, 08:08 AM   #1
Dinan_Engineering
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: Any BMW

NEW RELEASE: DINANTRONICS Elite (340i / 440i w/ MPPSK)

Name:  DME8_B58_DPT_MPPSK_HeaderSmall.jpg
Views: 9807
Size:  159.6 KB

DINANTRONICS Elite For the BMW F3x 340i, and F3x 440i w/ MPPSK

Dinan is excited to introduce our DINANTRONICS Elite tuning solution for the MPPSK equipped 340i and 440i. After some additional testing above and beyond the standard B58 tune we have formulated a special variation of the software that takes advantage of the increased baselines of the enhanced BMW tuning. The result is an impressive low end torque improvement and consistent 40 HP/40 TRQ (or more) gains across the entire power band.

Part Number: D440-0055-ST1
Applications: 2016-17 F30 340i Sedan, 2017 F34 340i GT, 2017 F32 440i Coupe, 2017 F33 440i Convertible, 2017 F36 440i Gran Coupe (ALL w/ MPPSK)
Product Page / Pricing: https://www.dinancars.com/product/d4...ries&mid=1237/
Max Power Gains: +51 HP / +75 TRQ
Install Time: 1 hour
Release Date: Available Friday, April 7th, 2017.

Description:

Stage 1 (DINANTRONICS Performance Tuner ONLY) Maximum Power on the F30/F34 340i and F32/F33/F36 440i w/ MPPSK: 426 HP, 463 lb-ft of torque.

The DINANTRONICS Performance Tuner is a highly engineered piece of computer hardware and software that enhances engine performance to levels the stock programming is not allowed to venture into. It does this without negatively affecting your new car warranty coverage and without affecting long term reliability or the functionality of on-board diagnostic systems. It is also the only tuning device designed to be emissions legal in all 50 states. These items are unique to Dinan and together they embody the apex of performance engineering in a powerful, reliable, and warrantied package.

For full description listing all features and benefits please proceed to the product page listed above.

Name:  F32_440i_MPPSK_ST1.jpg
Views: 11036
Size:  136.3 KB
Appreciate 1
Beek707.00
      04-04-2017, 08:26 AM   #2
jalkster
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3MC

Impressive. Would love to see on a real world dyno.
Also, it seems that the non mppsk baseline HP number was higher?

Last edited by jalkster; 04-04-2017 at 09:02 AM..
Appreciate 1
Bobby P88.50
      04-04-2017, 09:07 AM   #3
Revelator
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i 6MT BSM MPPSK

Wow those are some massive power increases. I'm salivating a bit. So do we need or do your advise that any mods/reinforcements be made to the car beyond stock? Is it really as simple as getting the tune and being safe under warranty (granted it's installed at an authorized dealer)?

Is the power distribution pretty smooth? I think my general concern has always been that tunes like this could potentially render the car undrivable in normal traffic conditions due to the crazy amounts of added Tq....I'm a bit green in this area so pardon my ignorance. If this part if truly covered under a warranty I'm pretty much already sold....
Appreciate 2
Zoks0.00
      04-04-2017, 09:57 AM   #4
jpsimon
Team Zissou
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 AWD M3 Comp - SMB

Did you guys discover if the MPPSK actually raised any fueling caps at all?
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2017, 10:10 AM   #5
Dinan_Engineering
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalkster View Post
Impressive. Would love to see on a real world dyno.
Also, it seems that the non mppsk baseline HP number was higher?
The MPPSK cars made about the same peak HP as our shop 340i. They did however make more TRQ (roughly 10 at peak and more down low). Much like the MPPK of the past the power gains are minimal but it does provide a more conducive environment for tuning with the elevated baseline (albeit small).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelator View Post
Wow those are some massive power increases. I'm salivating a bit. So do we need or do your advise that any mods/reinforcements be made to the car beyond stock? Is it really as simple as getting the tune and being safe under warranty (granted it's installed at an authorized dealer)?

Is the power distribution pretty smooth? I think my general concern has always been that tunes like this could potentially render the car undrivable in normal traffic conditions due to the crazy amounts of added Tq....I'm a bit green in this area so pardon my ignorance. If this part if truly covered under a warranty I'm pretty much already sold....
For the stage 1 tune you can retain everything else stock. It will hold the factory matching warranty.

Drivability wise the car behaves just like the stock MPPSK equipped car --- just more power at your disposal to pull from. Ultimately your right foot controls how crazy out of the gate you want to be.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2017, 10:11 AM   #6
Dinan_Engineering
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsimon View Post
Did you guys discover if the MPPSK actually raised any fueling caps at all?
Does not.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2017, 10:52 AM   #7
Big Nodge
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 340xi 6MT

Nice, very tempting. In the other thread you hinted that there were potentially some other products being released soon. Can you share any more on that? For example, presumably if a Dinan intake is released for the B58 there will be a stage II version of the Elite. If that's the case, could make sense to wait to avoid having to get the piggyback updated with the new file.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2017, 10:55 AM   #8
paul e
Captain
Rep
Drives: 340i xDrive 6MT

I asked this in an email about a month ago and did not receive the courtesy of a response, so I'll try here. Also, the Dinan site email contact page does not confirm if the email contact was actually sent, so I don't know if Dinan ever got it. I sent 3 this morning, the page just doesn't confirm sending.

Anyway - the BMW MPPSK is documented by BMW that it limits the torque for those of us - like me - that have the manual tranny.

Does the Dinan tune for the B58, whether the plain version or the MPPSK version, also limit the torque available?

If so, what is the limitation? If not, please explain.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2017, 10:58 AM   #9
Dinan_Engineering
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Nodge View Post
Nice, very tempting. In the other thread you hinted that there were potentially some other products being released soon. Can you share any more on that? For example, presumably if a Dinan intake is released for the B58 there will be a stage II version of the Elite. If that's the case, could make sense to wait to avoid having to get the piggyback updated with the new file.
Just product releases in general across brands and platforms--- Elite B46/48, Sport B46/48, Elite for MPSSK, M240 exhaust/midpipe, and then a bunch of other non-BMW releases for MB and Audi/VW applications. Just a busy couple weeks is all.

B58 intake / stage 2 is actively in development but I couldn't begin to give a time/price/power estimate since it hasn't even begun the molding/CF process which indicates a more or less finalized product.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2017, 01:01 PM   #10
BLACK HAWK DOWN
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 16' AW 340i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_Engineering View Post
The MPPSK cars made about the same peak HP as our shop 340i. They did however make more TRQ (roughly 10 at peak and more down low). Much like the MPPK of the past the power gains are minimal but it does provide a more conducive environment for tuning with the elevated baseline (albeit small).
So has BMW been fibbing with their advertised gains for the MPPSK?
      04-04-2017, 01:58 PM   #11
Dinan_Engineering
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by toybm View Post
So has BMW been fibbing with their advertised gains for the MPPSK?
Depends on how you want to interpret numbers. The advertised gains of 35 HP and 20 TRQ (or roughly that at least) are technically there as max gains but peak gains are pretty limited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul e View Post
Anyway - the BMW MPPSK is documented by BMW that it limits the torque for those of us - like me - that have the manual tranny.

Does the Dinan tune for the B58, whether the plain version or the MPPSK version, also limit the torque available?

If so, what is the limitation? If not, please explain.

Thanks.
We have seen half a dozen MPPSK vehicles - none of which were manuals unfortunately as its becoming super rare to find them anymore - so I am basing the following off of what has been done in the past and what makes the most logical sense.

BMW artificially limits the torque on manual cars via the tune -- not by any hardware element. Can only assume they do this for liability options since the manual transmission can be easily abused. Since we do not alter the base tune/ECU the DINANTRONICS system is technically still succumbing to the artificial torque limitation... at least in some sense.

For the purpose of illustration lets just say an Auto transmission MPPK car is garnering 300 HP / 300 TRQ and an Manual transmission MPPK is garnering 280 HP / 280 TRQ. And then when tuned the automatic car is getting 350 HP / 350 TRQ. That same tune on the manual car would yield 330 HP / 330 TRQ. Its simply limited due to the baseline is all.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2017, 03:05 PM   #12
Eriphill
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 340i

A forum member did a before and after dyno a while back after installing the MPPSK and it looks like there was a reasonable increase in power.

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...highlight=dyno
Appreciate 2
Beek707.00
      04-04-2017, 04:30 PM   #13
Beek
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Most folks crazy.

I'm really excited about this and want to order but ...

As per your charts non MPPSK is factory rated at 320 HP and 330 TRQ, you measured it at 381 HP and 386 TRQ then put your tuner on and measured 412 HP and 438 TRQ.

On the chart for MPPSK the factory rating is 355 HP and 369 TRQ, you measured it at 378 HP and 395 TRQ then put your tuner on and measured 426 HP and 463 TRQ.

I'm a bit confused, you show a loss in your measured numbers of 3 HP and a gain of only 9 lbs TRQ on car's equipped with MPPSK vs non MPPSK? Your final numbers after tune for MPPSK are only 14 HP higher and 25 TRQ higher than non MPPSK cars. Am I missing part of this equation? Is this a result of the fuel cap?

Last edited by Beek; 04-04-2017 at 04:35 PM..
Appreciate 1
Gitte41.00
      04-04-2017, 05:00 PM   #14
Big Nodge
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 340xi 6MT

Quote:
Just product releases in general across brands and platforms--- Elite B46/48, Sport B46/48, Elite for MPSSK, M240 exhaust/midpipe, and then a bunch of other non-BMW releases for MB and Audi/VW applications. Just a busy couple weeks is all.

B58 intake / stage 2 is actively in development but I couldn't begin to give a time/price/power estimate since it hasn't even begun the molding/CF process which indicates a more or less finalized product.
Got it, no ETA. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2017, 09:01 AM   #15
Dinan_Engineering
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beek View Post
I'm really excited about this and want to order but ...

As per your charts non MPPSK is factory rated at 320 HP and 330 TRQ, you measured it at 381 HP and 386 TRQ then put your tuner on and measured 412 HP and 438 TRQ.

On the chart for MPPSK the factory rating is 355 HP and 369 TRQ, you measured it at 378 HP and 395 TRQ then put your tuner on and measured 426 HP and 463 TRQ.

I'm a bit confused, you show a loss in your measured numbers of 3 HP and a gain of only 9 lbs TRQ on car's equipped with MPPSK vs non MPPSK? Your final numbers after tune for MPPSK are only 14 HP higher and 25 TRQ higher than non MPPSK cars. Am I missing part of this equation? Is this a result of the fuel cap?
As noted previously the peak power we measured between a stock B58 and a MPPSK equipped B58 car are minimal. There are some reasonable differences below peak power (4500 and below in HP, and across the board in TRQ) but if we are just looking at a single data point (peak power) then what you outline above is correct.
Appreciate 1
Beek707.00
      04-05-2017, 10:48 AM   #16
Beek
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Most folks crazy.

Quote:
As noted previously the peak power we measured between a stock B58 and a MPPSK equipped B58 car are minimal. There are some reasonable differences below peak power (4500 and below in HP, and across the board in TRQ) but if we are just looking at a single data point (peak power) then what you outline above is correct.
Thanks for your reply. I appreciate the difficulty in comparing the whole HP and TRQ curve vs the ease of comparing a single or small number of data points on that curve. In truth it's been many years since my butt dyno was calibrated but I did not feel a loss of HP when I added the MPPSK, in any case I will keep an eye on this product and hope other users can provide some positive feedback that will convince me that it's worth a try. Thanks again.
      04-05-2017, 12:10 PM   #17
Dinan_Engineering
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beek View Post
Thanks for your reply. I appreciate the difficulty in comparing the whole HP and TRQ curve vs the ease of comparing a single or small number of data points on that curve. In truth it's been many years since my butt dyno was calibrated but I did not feel a loss of HP when I added the MPPSK, in any case I will keep an eye on this product and hope other users can provide some positive feedback that will convince me that it's worth a try. Thanks again.
2 different sets of cars were being dynoed between the MPPSK and non-MPPSK cars. I doubt there would be a power loss before and after MPPSK was added. The difference is simply a variance in vehicles - not every car is identical. The deltas are really the important metrics to focus on since those would remain pretty constant no matter what the baseline or final tuned numbers between the variants are.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2017, 01:56 PM   #18
insanecoder
Banned
Rep
Drives: 340isDrive

Wow those are crazy numbers.. yall making me jealous as I'm still stock.. I need to get a tune now.. so hard to resist ... must resist
463 torque in the lower-mid range? sheesh!
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2017, 01:51 AM   #19
CruzM3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 "Velocity Edition"

I still feel like the way you guys do the numbers is confusing and seems like a marketing tactic. As others have stated about your tunes if you showed dynos with whp runs of MPPSK cars before and after it would be easier to understand and would probably work out better for you in the long run as those not familiar with tuning will understand easier. I'm not new to this and it seems to me that for $1400 it's not worth it for the gains it provides. Yes I know there's a warranty included but I'm not overpaying for a warranty on minimal gains and the kind of shady way you do the numbers is not helping. I was hopeful but it looks like the better thing to do is get JB4 or wait until someone does a dyno with this that has MPPSK.
2016 328i (sold)
Appreciate 3
monkiboy533.50
Eriphill2563.50
      04-06-2017, 08:55 AM   #20
insanecoder
Banned
Rep
Drives: 340isDrive

50-70 additional ftlbs sure would be perceivable via even the most discerning of butt dynos
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2017, 09:26 AM   #21
monkiboy
Major
Dominican Republic
Rep
Drives: '17 x5 3.5i w/MPPK & MPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz28/40 View Post
...As others have stated about your tunes if you showed dynos with whp runs of MPPSK cars before and after it would be easier to understand...or wait until someone does a dyno with this that has MPPSK.
i'm confused now. their plot above demonstrates exactly that, MPPSK equipped vehicle before and after the elite is installed results. what am i misunderstanding?

they measured 378/395 on stock MPPSK car, then with the elite on that same car measured 426/463. is that not correct?

edit: nevermind, i think i get it. they measured a non MPPSK 340, then a different car (440) with MPPSK + elite for comparison. if right, i can see how that isn't ideal providing the full scope of information one would like to see.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2017, 09:47 AM   #22
Dinan_Engineering
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkiboy View Post
i'm confused now. their plot above demonstrates exactly that, MPPSK equipped vehicle before and after the elite is installed results. what am i misunderstanding?

they measured 378/395 on stock MPPSK car, then with the elite on that same car measured 426/463. is that not correct?

edit: nevermind, i think i get it. they measured a non MPPSK 340, then a different car (440) with MPPSK + elite for comparison. if right, i can see how that isn't ideal providing the full scope of information one would like to see.
Your first statement is correct. The above plot of information is based on a 440i + MPPSK stock and then with the ELITE tune added to that mix. The 340i non MPPSK data is not represented at all in the data in the original post.
Appreciate 0