E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > No D/S mode

03-15-2017, 11:43 AM   #1
Aqid
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i e92

No D/S mode

Hi all,

So recently my D/S mode stopped working after vigorously cleaning the dash/middle console area after an unfortunate drink spill. I already checked the cables, since I heard a common issue is that one of those break, that wasn't the case. The light on the left side at the +/- doesn't come on, so I read that it might have something to do with that. Already ordered a new shifter trim (51167155643) which comes with light / electronic piece built in. Hope that solves it.

But I was thinking, is it possible to flash the TCU and change the way the M mode works? As you know the M mode when set to D is different from the M mode when set to D/S. In D/S it will stay in M mode no matter what, in D it will switch back from M mode to D after a few seconds. Honestly, I almost always drive in M mode, so if I could have the M mode in D just stay in M mode and not automatically switch back to D I'd be fine. Is that possible?

Appreciate 0