THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum Regional Forums CANADA M240xi on Order.

03-12-2017, 06:32 PM   #1
zikolai
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: M240xi Estoril Blue

M240xi on Order.

Hello everyone !

I have reading the BMW forums since the 2 series came out. To me, no matter which model you choose, its an awesome car.

I thought it would be hard to choose between the 2 series and its competitors but as soon as I tried it I was convinced it was my dream car.

My dealer had an allocation to be delivered in June and they were able to change the color and options to match what I wanted.

It will be an M240xi in Estoril Blue. I don't need to tell you it will be the longest 3 months ever... Not sure when I will get my VIN so I can track the car. I will be shopping for accessories online in the mean time.

Other than the BMW dealers, do you know of any website where we can purchase M performance accessories in Canada?
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2017, 12:33 PM   #2
Raptor01
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i Coupe RWD, 6MT

Quote:
Other than the BMW dealers, do you know of any website where we can purchase M performance accessories in Canada?
I'd like to know as well... most of the usual sources around here are US-based and won't ship to Canada
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2017, 07:24 PM   #3
luvmyone
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240 RWD 6 speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor01 View Post
I'd like to know as well... most of the usual sources around here are US-based and won't ship to Canada
Hey
United BMW will...I've bought all my parts from them...
They don't have the MPE listed for the 240..that's why I was asking earlier.
When you work out the conversion(even with PayPal giving us 71cents on the dollar.)it still works out cheaper.
      03-14-2017, 07:54 PM   #4
zikolai
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmyone View Post
Hey
United BMW will...I've bought all my parts from them...
They don't have the MPE listed for the 240..that's why I was asking earlier.
When you work out the conversion(even with PayPal giving us 71cents on the dollar.)it still works out cheaper.
Thanks ! I am on their website now. First thing I am buying is a set of black grilles. I will compare pricing with my dealer in the morning but I am pretty sure it will still be cheaper after exchange rate as you said.

Does the MPE for the 240 have the exhaust valve?
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2017, 10:12 PM   #5
luvmyone
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240 RWD 6 speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by zikolai View Post
Thanks ! I am on their website now. First thing I am buying is a set of black grilles. I will compare pricing with my dealer in the morning but I am pretty sure it will still be cheaper after exchange rate as you said.

Does the MPE for the 240 have the exhaust valve?
No MPE listed for the 240 yet...I'm having trouble finding one..
      03-15-2017, 11:17 AM   #6
zikolai
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmyone View Post
No MPE listed for the 240 yet...I'm having trouble finding one..
From a couple of other threads it looks like it is available in Europe. Saw a dealer from UK that had a couple for sale in December. COuldn't find a north american site showing this available yet.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2017, 05:25 PM   #7
zikolai
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Wow, I am so excited. Got a call from my sales rep today. Car should be at the dealer at the end of next week. They had originally told me the delivery was in June... so a month earlier than I thought.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2017, 07:35 PM   #8
crabu2
Captain
Rep
Drives: Truck and ...

Quote:
Wow, I am so excited. Got a call from my sales rep today. Car should be at the dealer at the end of next week. They had originally told me the delivery was in June... so a month earlier than I thought.
Congrats! I can't believe you're getting it so quickly. My dealer was able to modify an allocation for me in mid March. It just got built yesterday and it's now on its way to Bremerhaven. I probably have about 3 weeks to or longer to go before I get mine.
      04-20-2017, 09:46 PM   #9
IB6UB9ok
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i xDrive Estoril Blue

Garage List
Congrats on your purchase. You're going to love the M240i. I've had mine for about a month or so now. I ordered mine last December and had to wait over 2 months. It would of arrived earlier but there was a huge snowstorm in Halifax which put everything to a halt. Mine is also Estoril Blue with Coral red leather and piano black trim. The 2 month wait was pretty bad...what's worse was I had to contain myself and drive the car like a normal person and not floor it or do launches until 2,000kms. Also not to exceed 4,500rpms and 160km/hr. How did I do? Not very well 😜. Anyway, it's a solid car and you'll be blown away at how quickly it accelerates and pulls in any gear. The new B58 motor is a beast. As for mods I bought gloss black grills on the first day, tinted it on the second day and ordered the front splitter and rear spoiler a few weeks later. I'm also getting a tune in the form of a JB4 and contemplating catless dp's.

Enjoy your car!
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2017, 09:56 PM   #10
zikolai
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabu2 View Post
Congrats! I can't believe you're getting it so quickly. My dealer was able to modify an allocation for me in mid March. It just got built yesterday and it's now on its way to Bremerhaven. I probably have about 3 weeks to or longer to go before I get mine.
Yeah me too to be honest. I asked my rep to call me when the car arrives so I can see it before it gets detailed. Its cool that you guys in the US can track your order from the factory like this. When I asked my dealer for the vin or order number I felt like if I was the first one to ask for this here...

I'll post some pics when I see the car. I am taking a week off as soon as I get it... Break in will not take long and then the fun begins :-)
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2017, 10:10 PM   #11
zikolai
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IB6UB9ok View Post
Congrats on your purchase. You're going to love the M240i. I've had mine for about a month or so now. I ordered mine last December and had to wait over 2 months. It would of arrived earlier but there was a huge snowstorm in Halifax which put everything to a halt. Mine is also Estoril Blue with Coral red leather and piano black trim. The 2 month wait was pretty bad...what's worse was I had to contain myself and drive the car like a normal person and not floor it or do launches until 2,000kms. Also not to exceed 4,500rpms and 160km/hr. How did I do? Not very well 😜. Anyway, it's a solid car and you'll be blown away at how quickly it accelerates and pulls in any gear. The new B58 motor is a beast. As for mods I bought gloss black grills on the first day, tinted it on the second day and ordered the front splitter and rear spoiler a few weeks later. I'm also getting a tune in the form of a JB4 and contemplating catless dp's.

Enjoy your car!

Thanks! I am worried about by right foot during the break in too... I was lucky enough to drive both the 230i and M240i before buying so I know what is coming. :-) Other than my boss's 911, the 2 series is the only car I drove that gave me a smile like when I had a sport bike.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2017, 01:09 PM   #12
crabu2
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Yeah me too to be honest. I asked my rep to call me when the car arrives so I can see it before it gets detailed. Its cool that you guys in the US can track your order from the factory like this. When I asked my dealer for the vin or order number I felt like if I was the first one to ask for this here...

I'll post some pics when I see the car. I am taking a week off as soon as I get it... Break in will not take long and then the fun begins :-)
BMW website tracking is way delayed. Even the info the dealer has access to is behind a day or two. I got the VIN by calling BMW NA and sent it to my dealer..

I've found calling BMW NA is the most accurate want to track and they're don't always have the most current info.
      04-21-2017, 07:51 PM   #13
zikolai
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Quote:
BMW website tracking is way delayed. Even the info the dealer has access to is behind a day or two. I got the VIN by calling BMW NA and sent it to my dealer..

I've found calling BMW NA is the most accurate want to track and they're don't always have the most current info.
Well I am done trying to track mine... just started the engine an hour ago. My sales rep called me today saying my car arrived. Will put some pics soon... Pick up is scheduled for next friday. :-)
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2017, 07:55 PM   #14
zikolai
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

I wanted to see my car before PDI so I was pretty excited when my sales rep called today saying my car was in the lot. I am officially picking it up next Friday but I was able to sit in it and rev it a little. I don't know how I will manage to sleep for the next week. There was an M4 GTS in the show room, never seen one of these before. Really nice car.

Never put photos on the forum yet but will try to in a few minutes...

Last edited by zikolai; 04-21-2017 at 08:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2017, 08:10 PM   #15
crabu2
Captain
Rep

I don't know how you can wait till next Friday. Any reason my your waiting a week to pick her up?

BTW, to post pics you need to be in the Advanced "Go Advanced" section. There you'll find a picture icon.. Click it and a window will pop up asking for the URL of the image location.
      04-21-2017, 08:30 PM   #16
zikolai
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I don't know how you can wait till next Friday. Any reason my your waiting a week to pick her up?

BTW, to post pics you need to be in the Advanced "Go Advanced" section. There you'll find a picture icon.. Click it and a window will pop up asking for the URL of the image location.
Yep, just added a pic thanks for the tip. They needed at least 48 hours after today for the PDI and next week I am hosting a training with customers until Thursday so I decided to wait. I took a week off the following week just to enjoy the car with my son. (Who's only 2.5 years old but talks about the blue car all the time )
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2017, 11:01 PM   #17
crabu2
Captain
Rep

Nice! So many people on here get the 240, I keep seconding guessing myself on my 230 order. If you guys keep posting M240 pics, I might have to nix my 230 order and reorder a M240...

I think I might go and tell my dealer to let me inspect the car before the PDI it too.. That way I can peal off the shipping plastic.

I hope you and your son enjoy the new ride. I'm pretty sure you both will. I've got a 6yo.. Every time he sees a convertible, since he was 3, he's said it's a car with no roof! I haven't told him I've ordered it... He's going to be in for a surprise!
      04-22-2017, 12:53 AM   #18
IB6UB9ok
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i xDrive Estoril Blue

Garage List
Congrats!! My 2 month plus wait was extremely excruciating. Trust me it's worth the wait. I also have mine in Estoril Blue but with Coral red interior. Enjoy!
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2017, 06:40 AM   #19
zikolai
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Nice! So many people on here get the 240, I keep seconding guessing myself on my 230 order. If you guys keep posting M240 pics, I might have to nix my 230 order and reorder a M240...

I think I might go and tell my dealer to let me inspect the car before the PDI it too.. That way I can peal off the shipping plastic.

I hope you and your son enjoy the new ride. I'm pretty sure you both will. I've got a 6yo.. Every time he sees a convertible, since he was 3, he's said it's a car with no roof! I haven't told him I've ordered it... He's going to be in for a surprise!
I really liked the 230i as well. You shouldn't be worried, its a great engine and its fast. To me, it felt as fast as the Audi S3 I had tried before.

I wanted to see the car before PDI just to make sure there was no apparent damage during transport... maybe its just me being paranoiac but I am happy its all good and damn I find this car is just the right size. I just can't wait :-)

I am sure your son will freak out when he sees the car. My boss has a 997 C4S convertible I can use sometimes... planning to take my son for a ride with it this summer.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2017, 06:46 AM   #20
zikolai
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IB6UB9ok View Post
Congrats!! My 2 month plus wait was extremely excruciating. Trust me it's worth the wait. I also have mine in Estoril Blue but with Coral red interior. Enjoy!
Thanks ! I am really happy I picked Estoril Blue. Its great that they received my car early, one more month of fun before winter comes :-)
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2017, 09:15 AM   #21
barbecuejoe
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Estoril Blue M240i vert

Smile Decided to get the M240 vert

So given the ongoing boot cover delay affecting the 230i that I ordered in January and which has been sitting now in Newark VDC for a month, I have decided to switch to an available M240i xdrive vert. My CA has arranged to get it from a Boston dealer. He just called me to let me know that it will be on a flatbed on Monday and at my dealer by Tuesday for prep. I will pickup on Wednesday. In Estoril blue. I'm so pumped!

04-22-2017, 11:37 AM   #22
zikolai
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbecuejoe View Post
So given the ongoing boot cover delay affecting the 230i that I ordered in January and which has been sitting now in Newark VDC for a month, I have decided to switch to an available M240i xdrive vert. My CA has arranged to get it from a Boston dealer. He just called me to let me know that it will be on a flatbed on Monday and at my dealer by Tuesday for prep. I will pickup on Wednesday. In Estoril blue. I'm so pumped!

Congrats ! post some pics when you get it :-)
Appreciate 0