E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > e90 amplifier to e70 coding

03-08-2017, 10:45 AM   #1
anjuna
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: f25

e90 amplifier to e70 coding

First, not trying to crosspost. I opened a thread in the audio forum and was directed here.

Let me be as clear and specific as possible.

I have a 2008 328i e90 with the Hifi audio system. It sounds like timpani mallets striking a wet cardboard box without the treble and bass EQ settings cranked excessively high.

I also have a 2007 BMW X3 that sounds perfect for my ears. Weird that the two sound so different. I swapped the X3 amp into the 328 and the difference is night and day.

I also get the bright idea to put a center channel in my e90 using an el cheapo ebay e90 midbass speaker, but don't really want to spend a fortune and just play with the idea.

The e70 hifi amplifier is very similar sounding to the X3 amplifier I used, but supports center channel right out of the box - plug and play. win!

Now I have a e90 with a e70 amplifier in it driving all my speakers and center channel.

To be ultra picky and kinda allow me to have fun with coding, I'd like to see if I can modify the input sensitivity of the e70 amplifier and any DSP/EQ settings. Does anyone know where to start with this type of coding?

I think this could be cool. From what I understand, the e70 amplifier is more powerful than the e90, drives more speakers, and could be a cheap way to do what the helix/MS8/etc guys are doing. I spent just over $100 getting the amp, speaker, and wiring.
Appreciate 0