F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Retrofitted Lumbar Support
Studio RSR

03-07-2017, 04:05 AM   #1
anom3
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 335ix

Retrofitted Lumbar Support

Heya just thought I would mention, although the DIY is on here a couple of times over...

I retrofitted lumbar support in my sport seats.

Already had width control so the install was fairly straight forward.

I bought this kit:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/282364977422

And 2 x the seat controls.

Install is fairly straight forward. Anyone looking to retrofit this I highly recommend it. makes quite a difference.

Sorry, no pics of the install... But I'll mention a couple of pointers:

A) If you already have width control (like I did) then the ground + power is already in the seat. Just need to tap the + / - for the width control valve.

B) Everywhere I looked when its OEM its essentially one pump shared between the width and lumbar support. I decided to go with 2 pumps just because I did not have the "T" pipe splitter. Works just fine. There is room in the seat to fit 2 pumps.

C)

Drivers side : The switch controls (2 wires) go to pin 1 + 2 of the seat controler.

Passanger side : The switch controls (2 wires) go to the 2 empty pins the in 4 pin plug that connects to the seat controller.

Note : Order does not matter. The switch is just a variable resistor that sends different resistance values based on where you are pressing.

D) After the above, you are basically left putting the pad in there, tapping the power and connecting the switch. The hardest part of it all, besides working in a tight area (if you did not remove the seats, like me) is re-attaching the large side piece of the seats (that hold the seat controls). Kind of a pain the ass.
Appreciate 0