F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Bluetooth Pairing issues w/ Phone?
ARMA SPEED

03-07-2017, 01:21 AM   #1
chrislr
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Bluetooth Pairing issues w/ Phone?

Hi, I recently got my car coded and ran into an issue with Enhanced bluetooth not pairing properly. I have an early 2012 328i w/ CIC Professional Nav. The car came from factory with 6AA/6AB/6NF/6NL/6NR/6UH/6VA (all related options that I can think of that would perhaps be related to this). Before the car was coded, I already had functional phone services and BT audio streaming, but I was told that there were other advantages to enabling Enhanced Bluetooth, such as receiving texts/notifications through iDrive- so I was stoked. After we coded the car, I lost all of my paired bluetooth devices, and upon re-pairing, iDrive would continually say "connecting.." to the device. The BT audio would then kick in from my Spotify, but continue to say "connecting..", eventually failing saying an error occurred while pairing the device. However, the audio would continue to be recognized as an external device, but when I go to my list of BT paired devices, it still wouldn't be saved. Additionally, phone contacts and my heads up display would state "phone is currently unavailable". So, I went back and we reverted the car to my backup, and the issue is still persisting- but this time giving an error stating something along the lines of "the bluetooth device could not be paired for this specific function. Try pairing a different bluetooth device". I'm going to be taking the car back later in the week to further troubleshoot it as we didn't have enough time earlier.

Now, I did see a note on this post that states 6NS is utilized on newer firmware, but i'm not entirely sure if the attempt at enabling Enhanced BT involved that code or a different one..as 6NL (which they state to use w/ older firmwares that have BMW Assist) already came with the car from factory. If the car was forced to try and recognize 6NS, would that cause issues if reverted? Has anyone had a similar experience here? I'm posting this in an attempt to gain insight to be more helpful in the troubleshooting when I go back to where it was done. I know the hardware isn't fucked because it worked an hour before the car was coded and while it is attempting to bridge the connection from my iPhone to the car, the signal shows up on the top right of iDrive but the handshake never completes.
Appreciate 0