E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Help needed for illuminated door sills installation e92

03-04-2017, 12:56 AM   #1
Paliator
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Exclamation Help needed for illuminated door sills installation e92

Hello everyone!

I recently purchased E92 illuminated door sills for my car. I am having trouble with the installation as I have found mo diy or video on the subject. I purchased the product here: https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...t/51470429899/ and it comes with this "guide" which in my mind is very hard to understand http://bd8ba3c866c8cbc330ab-7b26c6f3...structions.pdf -So down to what I have done. Both door aills are removed with clips removed. New door sills have clips in, and are ready for installation but I don't know what to do with the wires or anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2017, 08:21 AM   #2
BeastMode335i
Maximus Decimus Meridius
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

probably have good luck if you write "rubber_ducky" as he did it and had no issues..

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=407314
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2017, 09:47 AM   #3
Paliator
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastMode335i View Post
probably have good luck if you write "rubber_ducky" as he did it and had no issues..

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=407314
I messaged him, hopefully he replies.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2017, 12:46 PM   #4
6ixSpd
Save the manuals!
Rep
Drives: '16 M3, '23 718 Spyder

Those instructions are literally as clear as they could be. Perhaps it would be better for you to pay a shop to handle this as it seems beyond your capability.

Past: E92 M3, F87 M2, E39 M5, etc
Appreciate 1
BSM n54iS2684.50
      03-04-2017, 06:55 PM   #5
BSM n54iS
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 335is | '16 Macan Turbo

Yea....I had deleted my original post (first to reply but didn't wanna be an ass) cuz the very first google search brought this up:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1916

But then saw they are pretty much the same instructions as included and thought you should probably pay a shop to install. Basically OP you need to tap into the pre-existing wiring for the car, if you're not comfy doing that then yea find a shop to install.
GruppeM CF Intake | AR Resonated DP | ER CP | Turbosmart RacePort BOV | Cobb FMIC | RB Inlets | RB External Mishi/Turner OCC | Michelin PS4 | BMW Performance Springs/Bilstein B8 + Dinan & M3 bits | BMW Brembo BBK | BMW Performance CF Spoiler | BMW Performance CF Lip | BMW Performance Alcantara | PS Designs GTS Armrest | AG H6-40 | Rear Seat Delete
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2017, 01:28 AM   #6
Paliator
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6ixSpd View Post
Those instructions are literally as clear as they could be. Perhaps it would be better for you to pay a shop to handle this as it seems beyond your capability.
For me, step 6 is not clear. I don't know how I am supposed to route the wire to the other side of the car. I reached step 6 no problem and want the satisfaction (and pride) of doing it myself, so I decided to ask you guys for your help before going to a shop.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2017, 01:50 AM   #7
BSM n54iS
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paliator View Post
For me, step 6 is not clear. I don't know how I am supposed to route the wire to the other side of the car. I reached step 6 no problem and want the satisfaction (and pride) of doing it myself, so I decided to ask you guys for your help before going to a shop.
Are you stuck taking the A pillar off, or the footwell? It seems you pretty much need to find a way to tuck it underneath the dash, maybe grab you a coat hanger...straighten it out and get some duck tape and snake it through the dash to behind the glove box compartment there
GruppeM CF Intake | AR Resonated DP | ER CP | Turbosmart RacePort BOV | Cobb FMIC | RB Inlets | RB External Mishi/Turner OCC | Michelin PS4 | BMW Performance Springs/Bilstein B8 + Dinan & M3 bits | BMW Brembo BBK | BMW Performance CF Spoiler | BMW Performance CF Lip | BMW Performance Alcantara | PS Designs GTS Armrest | AG H6-40 | Rear Seat Delete
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2017, 10:37 PM   #8
Paliator
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BdSM n54iS View Post
Are you stuck taking the A pillar off, or the footwell? It seems you pretty much need to find a way to tuck it underneath the dash, maybe grab you a coat hanger...straighten it out and get some duck tape and snake it through the dash to behind the glove box compartment there
I'm not sure how to take off the footwell or a pillar, does it just pull off?
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2017, 11:59 PM   #9
BSM n54iS
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Ok. The A pillar: grab you a flathead and pop off the airbag warning tab, there is a screw located underneath. Then grab a plastic trim prying tool and start at the top and work your way down. Install is the reverse, when you know where the clips are that hold it in place don't be scared to use linear force in that area to pop it back on. But don't be a gorilla with it either as bmw plastic trim pieces are notorious for breaking.

http://www.pelicanparts.com/BMW/tech...eplacement.htm

The footwell: Open your door wide and stick your head down underneath (dam that sounded dirty lol) there you will see 3 torx screws (cant remember the size) located towards the top off that big plastic piece above your brake/clutch pedals, simply undo those and it will fall right down. Careful dropping it down as there are some wires attached behind there. Footwell light etc, cant remember the specific ones right off the top of my head.

I think if I were you I would pop off both driver and passenger A pillars, then snake the wires from the door sill through the hood latch trim (diy found here http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=593906....or search for the P3 vent gauge install if you need more help taking off the hood latch trim part.) Anyways snake those wires through that trim and up the A pillar, then go across the top of the windshield tucking the wires up and into the top of the headliner trim, then back down the passenger side A pillar and down back behind the glove box area there where they are needing to go.

Appreciate 0
      03-09-2017, 01:46 AM   #10
BSM n54iS
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
What's up OP...you end up getting it done?
Appreciate 0