F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Anyone told the dealer they use ISTA?
Extreme Powerhouse

02-26-2017, 03:26 PM   #1
jgoens
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i msport

Anyone told the dealer they use ISTA?

Was wondering if anyone has ever brought up they use ISTA to a dealer and what kind of reaction they got.
Point being in my case, I have a fault regarding valevetronic and the dealer will not troubleshoot it at all because unrelated harmless codes relating to my mods come up and they say if they sent that to BMW then any work would get denied. But, I notice in ISTA you can delete the codes you want to, so in theory I could keep the codes I want to be visible.
I am going to the dealer on tuesday for the fuel pump recall and a CA access issue and debating to bring this up or not.
      02-27-2017, 12:18 AM   #2
jgoens
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerGeeks View Post
Go for it! Though I've never seen the function in Ista to delete a single code...I've seen delete all & delete by control unit, but not delete just a single code.
you could be right..I clicked on a couple of the other codes and hit delete all and they all left, however the valvtronic ones comes back instantly.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2017, 06:30 AM   #3
djekl
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 2014 Estoril Blue M Sport

I was in my local dealer the other day getting wire ends for a plug (doing my Reverse Camera retrofit), told them I have ISTA-P, Rheingold, and E-Sys. The person I was talking with wasn't a technician, but said I have that then I should just go for it myself, they said as long as I followed ISTA-P instructions, thats what our lads do. I still coded it with E-Sys lol. But they didn't seem bothered, but then again I wasn't wanting something looked at for fault codes
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2017, 12:06 AM   #4
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoens View Post
Was wondering if anyone has ever brought up they use ISTA to a dealer and what kind of reaction they got.
Point being in my case, I have a fault regarding valevetronic and the dealer will not troubleshoot it at all because unrelated harmless codes relating to my mods come up and they say if they sent that to BMW then any work would get denied. But, I notice in ISTA you can delete the codes you want to, so in theory I could keep the codes I want to be visible.
I am going to the dealer on tuesday for the fuel pump recall and a CA access issue and debating to bring this up or not.
You can go ahead and delete them, but many times they will just come back if they are not random false positives.

Depending on your mods, they can still deny claims.

I always use ISTA+ and it is great for service as there are never surprises. I sometimes show off my coding, but am careful about my word choice so there are not issues. It all depends on your relationship with SA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerGeeks View Post
Go for it! Though I've never seen the function in Ista to delete a single code...I've seen delete all & delete by control unit, but not delete just a single code.
You can individually delete codes.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2017, 08:42 AM   #5
Montaxx
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

I just VO-Code with eSys all the modules I edited to default. This way, the car is stock and noone's gonna complain.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2017, 02:00 PM   #6
mikkenoone
Private
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i F31

I have actually provided one of the sellers in my local dealer with E-sys after some discussions regarding coding.
He is going to have a look at it and if he for some reason don't want to play with E-sys by himself, I'm gonna help him out