F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Brake/Indicator rear light failure issue
ARMA SPEED

02-26-2017, 01:32 PM   #1
re4ryu
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320D Efficientdynamics

Brake/Indicator rear light failure issue

Hi,

Ive had my F30's rear bulbs changed to LED's and coded accordingly to remove checks, removing flickering.

Now I wanted to change back to halogen temporarily, and something strange is happening.

I've reverted my REM module back to default (Activate FA, load SVT, right click REM module, click code), no errors on esys, so that the coding is restored to normal (bulb checks active etc)

For some reason, the car throws an error that my right turn indicator and my left brake lamp arent working - but only with halogens installed. I also checked outside the car and they indeed arent working. However if i put my LED's back in (no change to coding), they work, and the error goes from the dash.

I can confirm my halogen bulbs are fine though - filament intact, and i swapped them into the other working sockets, and they work.

Reason i want to change back temporarily is that im taking the car in for MOT in a few days to a BMW centre, and was concerned they would do a firmware update which would revert my LED coding? Or im assuming firmware updates are special appointment only? No other problem, its just they flicker sometimes when the checks are activated.... although im assuming i am overthinking here a little? haha

Is there some coding issue i am missing here? Thanks for your help!

Last edited by re4ryu; 02-26-2017 at 01:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2017, 05:06 PM   #2
re4ryu
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320D Efficientdynamics

Strange, i recoded the whole car back to default, then tried putting the halogens back in again and they worked. Perhaps something else may have been clashing or probably just some sort of glitch.
Appreciate 0