E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > [ASK] Is Recaro Sportster from another car fit in M3 E92?

02-25-2017, 06:51 AM   #1
joshes
Enlisted Member
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, E93 335i

[ASK] Is Recaro Sportster from another car fit in M3 E92?

I have noticed that Recaro Sportster from Renault Megane RS or Vauxhall Corsa VXR have similarity with the BMW Performance Seat from E92.

However, I learned that the BMW Performance have different style. The BMW Performance use button / knob for adjusting the back rest while the ones from Vauxhall or Renault use lever.

Does anyone ever tried to retrofit the Recaro Sporster from Vauxhall or Renault to an E92 (M3 or non M3)? I wonder if the base would fit or need modification.

Thank you in advance for all inputs.
Josh

Pic 1: Vauxhall Corsa VXR
Pic 2: Renault Megane RS
Pic 3: BMW M-Performance
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-25-2017, 07:34 AM   #2
Phil325i
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 325i MSport Coupe

Garage List
The two Recaro seats for the E92 are the Sportster CS and the Cross Sportster CS (less side bolster on the seat cushion). Options are: material, side airbags and heating. The rake adjustment is by a rotary knob (like the Megane in your picture). AFAIK the BMW Performance seats are de-listed and can only be purchased secondhand (and cost a fortune!).

You will need to buy a mounting kit and sliders. If your current seats are manual, you shouldn't have a problem.

Recaro currently say the Sportster cannot be fitted to E92s with electric seats. However I have electric seats, and I have a pair of CSs on order. My local Recaro agent says he does not believe fitting them to my car will be an issue. So we shall wait and see...

Hope that helps.
E92 pre-LCI 325i - Ohlins R&T; H&R spacers; M3 strut brace; Swift thrust sheets; 3 x chassis braces; diff brace; N53 V-brace; 034 subframe inserts; BMS clutch stop; BMS CDV; RE g/box mounts; Delrin shift bushes; Saikoumichi OCC; Cyba scoops; BMW Perf Exhaust; HEL s/steel brake hoses; M3 rear spoiler; Recaro Sportster CSs; M3 white dash LEDs; LED Angels; LED side repeaters; BMW Perf black grille; CSL reps; SSDD carbon diffuser; Monster Wrap black roof/clear front
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2017, 10:23 AM   #3
joshes
Enlisted Member
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, E93 335i

Thank you for the reply Phil

I guess from what you are saying that, should I get either one of these Recaro Sportsters from Vauxhall or Megane -- I need to remove the plastic base (which has lever) and replace with the mounting and slider fit specifically for E92.

Please kindly share with us -- how you getting on with fitting the Sportsters to replace your electric ones. I do have electric as well.

Looking forward to it and GOOD LUCK with the fitting!
Josh
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2017, 12:57 PM   #4
Digitalize
Photographer
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320D

The general seat is identical, you'll need the BMW specific seat bases to connect to the floorpan of the car.
Appreciate 0