E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Parts > DCT Lightweight Flywheel Group Buy

02-16-2017, 09:47 AM   #1
SUHleen
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335is

DCT Lightweight Flywheel Group Buy

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
Hey guys,

I am in no way affiliated with MFactory/YCW however I stand behind their products as they are a great company and stick to their word. They have proven themselves time and time again and now they are helping advance the BMW platform even more. A few members from another forum have sent in their DCT flywheels to them so they can create a lightweight flywheel for the DCT cars. For people that do not know much about flywheels, it will not create power however it will free up some power that is being robbed from the rotating mass. This will result in quicker acceleration and less strain on the cars drive train. Also, as if they weren't quick enough, it should make shifting quicker.

Now, I have to give credit where it is due. Terry C, a BMW master tech that has been looking for ways to advance the potential of DCT cars, installed an M4 flywheel into a DCT 335is. The M4 flywheel is the same design at half the weight (almost like having a factory lightweight flywheel). His revving is quicker and the car is quicker. If it were not for him, we wouldn't have even got to the point of having a vendor look into creating an aftermarket flywheel. You may ask, why not just get an M4 flywheel and keep everything factory? Well, first off, good luck finding one. Second, the price tag is up there. Lastly, hopefully MFactory/YCW will be able to use superior components and materials and still have an affordable price.

If you are interested in joining the group buy or reading up some more on the DCT flywheel, visit this link: http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44226

The group buy price for the flywheel is going to be around > $500. The more people that join, hopefully the lower the price and quicker the turn around. Jump on board, you will not regret it!

Appreciate 0
      02-22-2017, 08:12 AM   #2
SUHleen
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335is

Bumping this up to the top
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2018, 05:37 PM   #3
SingleturboVert
Second Lieutenant
Rep