E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Resonators - fitting cost

02-08-2017, 09:54 AM   #1
AWSAWS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 GC Turbos, FBO, 335i DCT

Resonators - fitting cost

Hi Guys,

I have a pair of resonators coming to swap in place of the secondary cats. Has anyone had this done?

What kind of a price would I be looking at and can anyone offer any advice to where they'd get it done. Will any typical exhaust place do?

Hoping to remove the restriction of the cats and avoid the drone of a simple straight pipe.

It would be cool if there was a way to swap between cats and resonators.

Thanks
GC Turbos, FBO, JB4, DCT, Port Meth injection, BMS Charge Pipe, NGK plugs. EBC brakes and pads, LED Angel lights, LED foglights, LCI rears OCC, Braided brake lines. Custom Diff Lockdown Kit, VTT inlets, TMAP, stage 2+ fuel pump
11.79@119mph (stock turbos)
11.74@129mph (GC Turbos)
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2017, 12:24 PM   #2
AndyS
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i touring pre lci.

I did exactly this. I didn't want to go catless dps so removed the secondary cats. It was far too loud for road use so I had some resonators welded in where the cats had been and it is perfect. I have the bmw performance cat back exhaust and it is only marginally louder than it was before the cat removal. I paid £120 for a very professional job at Mr Exhaust in Reigate. They advertise as a custom stainless steel exhaust fabricator. All in all very happy with the outcome.
E91 335i. 220 wheels. Active Autowerkes intercooler. Custom Performance Engineering charge pipe. Tial bov. Bms dci. Bilstein b14 coilovers. Roof rail delete. Secondary cat delete. Custom remap. 420 bhp
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2017, 06:53 PM   #3
AWSAWS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 GC Turbos, FBO, 335i DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
I did exactly this. I didn't want to go catless dps so removed the secondary cats. It was far too loud for road use so I had some resonators welded in where the cats had been and it is perfect. I have the bmw performance cat back exhaust and it is only marginally louder than it was before the cat removal. I paid £120 for a very professional job at Mr Exhaust in Reigate. They advertise as a custom stainless steel exhaust fabricator. All in all very happy with the outcome.
Thanks Andy,
so I think I will need to find a fabricator rather than just a shop which is used to unbolting one exhaust and bolting on another. I've seen one or two near by. Hopefully they have a spare slot.
GC Turbos, FBO, JB4, DCT, Port Meth injection, BMS Charge Pipe, NGK plugs. EBC brakes and pads, LED Angel lights, LED foglights, LCI rears OCC, Braided brake lines. Custom Diff Lockdown Kit, VTT inlets, TMAP, stage 2+ fuel pump
11.79@119mph (stock turbos)
11.74@129mph (GC Turbos)
Appreciate 0