E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > E90 CCC to NBT Retrofit problem

02-07-2017, 10:24 PM   #1
alxtribal
Registered
France
Rep
Drives: BMW E90, 2006, 320i

E90 CCC to NBT Retrofit problem

Hello guys,

I did replace my CCC by a NBT system (bought the whole retrofit "plug'n'play" system from Bimmer France, a bmw workshop)

So, with everything in place, all the system is working good, while on battery ...
My only big problem is ... when i start the car , 5 seconds later, the NBT will shut down
(screen goes blank, radio shuts down, well everything goes off but the car).

The seller (who lives 700kms from me) told me it could be the 12v is not coming to the nbt. I checked the power pin 15, it's receiving 13-14v after ignition... so then he told to it could be the emulator is not well coded with my VIN... (but why is it working on battery?) (emulator i think comes from bmwnbt.com)

So my question is : do you guys have an idea about this ? i'm confused !
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2017, 06:25 AM   #2
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by alxtribal View Post
Hello guys,

I did replace my CCC by a NBT system (bought the whole retrofit "plug'n'play" system from Bimmer France, a bmw workshop)

So, with everything in place, all the system is working good, while on battery ...
My only big problem is ... when i start the car , 5 seconds later, the NBT will shut down
(screen goes blank, radio shuts down, well everything goes off but the car).

The seller (who lives 700kms from me) told me it could be the 12v is not coming to the nbt. I checked the power pin 15, it's receiving 13-14v after ignition... so then he told to it could be the emulator is not well coded with my VIN... (but why is it working on battery?) (emulator i think comes from bmwnbt.com)

So my question is : do you guys have an idea about this ? i'm confused !
Emulator does not need coding.
Its either wiring or faulty emulator.
      02-11-2017, 10:57 PM   #3
VTECaddict
Where'd my VTEC go?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330i 6MT

The emulator may need to be activated or it is faulty.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2017, 03:57 AM   #4
alxtribal
Registered
France
Rep
Drives: BMW E90, 2006, 320i

Thanks for the answers.

If the wiring was wrong, could it work on battery and not after ignition ?

I decided to replace this emulator by one of bimmer retrofit. We will see.

(turns out the guy who sold the whole package to me told me that the emulator was coming grom bimmerretrofit ... and now i know he lied to me, because the emulator is from romania, and i think now that it's crap and cheap, but that's another story )
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2017, 11:22 PM   #5
VTECaddict
Where'd my VTEC go?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330i 6MT

If it works when with engine off, its most likely wired correctly. It reads CANBUS signals so it can tell when the car is running or just ignition is on.

The Bimmer Retrofit eNBT adapter will do something similar if it's not activated. I forget if it just turns the screen off or turns off the whole system. It's to prevent people from making cheap clones of the adapter or reselling/reusing the adapter from car to car.

So something is making the adapter turn the NBT off once it detects the car is running. Either intentional (needs activation) or something is wrong (bad firmware/hardware/etc).
Appreciate 0