F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Coding with Schwaben??
Extreme Powerhouse

01-29-2017, 11:25 AM   #1
loggin
Private
Rep
Drives: f30

Coding with Schwaben??

Hello all.. Just got off the phone with a sales rep. from ECS tuning.. He informed me that the Schwaben BMW/Mini scan tool they sell can do coding.. ie: changing auto start/stop and disabling light bulb checking to be able to use LED bulbs..

I was wondering if anyone on this forum is using the Schwaben tool, with all the latest updates, and can confirm if this is correct or not??

If so, would you please be so kind as to post a list of features you have been able to code so far??

Last edited by loggin; 01-29-2017 at 02:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2017, 03:34 PM   #2
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by loggin View Post
Hello all.. Just got off the phone with a sales rep. from ECS tuning.. He informed me that the Schwaben BMW/Mini scan tool they sell can do coding.. ie: changing auto start/stop and disabling light bulb checking to be able to use LED bulbs..

I was wondering if anyone on this forum is using the Schwaben tool, with all the latest updates, and can confirm if this is correct or not??

If so, would you please be so kind as to post a list of features you have been able to code so far??
Is it this one?

I only scanned, but it looks to only diagnose and clear errors, but not code.

For $20, you can code with E-sys and diagnose with ISTA+.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2017, 02:04 PM   #3
loggin
Private
Rep

Thank you for responding!!

Yes, that is the "one"..

I understand that I can use e-sys for coding but just didn't want to have to deal with the associated learning curve.. Was hoping to find an easier way.. Also would likely want to dedicate a computer to only run e-sys to prevent any corruption of the computer and it's files..

I went ahead and bought the Schwaben tool anyway because I am sure it will be quite useful for self diagnosis..

Thanks again!!
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2017, 02:48 PM   #4
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Thank you for responding!!

Yes, that is the "one"..

I understand that I can use e-sys for coding but just didn't want to have to deal with the associated learning curve.. Was hoping to find an easier way.. Also would likely want to dedicate a computer to only run e-sys to prevent any corruption of the computer and it's files..

I went ahead and bought the Schwaben tool anyway because I am sure it will be quite useful for self diagnosis..

Thanks again!!
E-sys will not corrupt any of your computer files. There is slight learning curve, but quite easy once you read the guides and understand the basics.
Appreciate 1
Polo088161610.00
      02-02-2017, 03:02 PM   #5
loggin
Private
Rep

Ok.. Thanks!!.. I will look a little further into e-sys.. What I meant is that I would not want any other activity on that computer that might render it inoperable due to any virus or corrupt files being accidentally downloaded.. Create a stand alone system so that it always works properly.. Or is that a little overkill..??
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2017, 04:30 PM   #6
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Ok.. Thanks!!.. I will look a little further into e-sys.. What I meant is that I would not want any other activity on that computer that might render it inoperable due to any virus or corrupt files being accidentally downloaded.. Create a stand alone system so that it always works properly.. Or is that a little overkill..??
As long as you get your files from me or Shawn, there will be no viruses or malware. We use tokenmaster's solution with absolute security of computer and vehicle in mind.

You are welcome to have standalone system, but it is overkill.
Other option is virtualization and sandboxing.

If you need further help getting started, let me know.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2017, 09:46 AM   #7
loggin
Private
Rep

Did a google search and couldn't find anything on virtualization or sandboxing.. Could you please explain what this is or provide me with some links??

Thanks in advance..
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2017, 11:16 AM   #8
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Did a google search and couldn't find anything on virtualization or sandboxing.. Could you please explain what this is or provide me with some links??

Thanks in advance..
Basically, you are running programs in an isolated environment so they cannot affect other programs or even block outside connection to internet.
Appreciate 1
Polo088161610.00
      02-04-2017, 10:39 AM   #9
loggin
Private
Rep

Ok.. Thanks!!

I will look into it further when I have some time..
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2017, 07:30 PM   #10
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Ok.. Thanks!!

I will look into it further when I have some time..
Appreciate 0