Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Buying new wheels, need fitment advice (E92)

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

01-27-2017, 02:18 PM   #1
Brendan_E92
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 E92 335i

Buying new wheels, need fitment advice (E92)

Hello Everyone!

I've been planning to get a new set of shoes for my 07 E92 335i for a few weeks now, I have the wheels in my cart, just want a confirmation on how the fitment would be

Rear: 19X9.5" ET22 SATIN BLACK APEX PS-7 WHEEL
Front: 19X9" ET35 SATIN BLACK APEX PS-7 WHEEL

How would the fitment on this setup be? I was wanting to do 19x8.5 ET20 in the front, but they are out of stock.

Anything helps, if anyone has any tire suggestions as well I'd appreciate that, thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2017, 06:21 PM   #2
Bluewater328iT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 328iT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendan_1G View Post
Hello Everyone!

I've been planning to get a new set of shoes for my 07 E92 335i for a few weeks now, I have the wheels in my cart, just want a confirmation on how the fitment would be

Rear: 19X9.5" ET22 SATIN BLACK APEX PS-7 WHEEL
Front: 19X9" ET35 SATIN BLACK APEX PS-7 WHEEL

How would the fitment on this setup be? I was wanting to do 19x8.5 ET20 in the front, but they are out of stock.

Anything helps, if anyone has any tire suggestions as well I'd appreciate that, thanks!
There are two websites that have this sort of information.

This one, which shows most BMW OEM wheels and specs, you can filter it by E90:

http://felgenkatalog.auto-treff.com/

And tirerack.com, where you can enter your car, and look at the specs of 19" wheels recommended to fit by Tire Rack.

Based on the last time I looked, BMW offsets on OEM wheels ranged from 31-39.

Tire Rack offsets ranged from 25 to 40.

So your front wheels are fine. Your rear wheels are questionable and it would be better to aim for 25 to 31 offset as the minimum.

Some members here have had success at streching the limits, and maybe they will chime in for you, but having bought a set of wheels that rubbed, I am not too adventuresome on going out of spec.
      01-27-2017, 06:25 PM   #3
Bluewater328iT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 328iT

Forgot to address your widths. OEM is up to 8 on the front and 9 on the rear. TireRack sells wheels for my E90 from 8.5 on the front and 10.5 on the rear. Some members tell me they have gone to 9 on the front and I cannot remember on the rear, but personally, I would not exceed what TireRack sells unless you want to roll fender, adjust camber, or use spacers.
      01-27-2017, 06:40 PM   #4
Brendan_E92
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewater328iT View Post
There are two websites that have this sort of information.

This one, which shows most BMW OEM wheels and specs, you can filter it by E90:

http://felgenkatalog.auto-treff.com/

And tirerack.com, where you can enter your car, and look at the specs of 19" wheels recommended to fit by Tire Rack.

Based on the last time I looked, BMW offsets on OEM wheels ranged from 31-39.

Tire Rack offsets ranged from 25 to 40.

So your front wheels are fine. Your rear wheels are questionable and it would be better to aim for 25 to 31 offset as the minimum.

Some members here have had success at streching the limits, and maybe they will chime in for you, but having bought a set of wheels that rubbed, I am not too adventuresome on going out of spec.
Already ordered, so hoping for the best with my setup
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2017, 11:02 PM   #5
ApexWheels
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: M3

Thank you for the support OP

Your fitment is aggressive, but has been done many times by fellow enthusiasts and will work out great. The fronts are a bolt-on fitment with no modifications required, and the rears will simply require fender rolling to prevent rubbing. You could also substitute the rear fender rolling for added negative camber, but ultimately it depends on the vehicle ride height and tire brand.

We would suggest 235/35-19 front, 265/30-19 rear.

You're going to love the profile 3 concave rears Be sure to post pic's when time permits.

- Ryan