E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > Mod friendly dealers in Fairfield county

01-26-2017, 05:35 AM   #1
frenchie1013
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: sedan

Mod friendly dealers in Fairfield county

Anyone with local Fairfield county dealers that are mod friendly ?

2014 X5 50i
BMS stage 1, Dinan intake, F85 Knee Bolsters
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2017, 09:59 AM   #2
Azad335i
Rep
Drives: 08 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchie1013 View Post
Haven't tried personally but I believe I seen somewhere on here that BMW of Bridgeport is mod friendly
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2017, 12:02 PM   #3
frenchie1013
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azad335i View Post
Quote:
Haven't tried personally but I believe I seen somewhere on here that BMW of Bridgeport is mod friendly
Thank you.

I've heard they are mod friendly however they don't know what they're doing....I could be wrong though

Anyone have any luck with BMW mount kisco

2014 X5 50i
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2017, 11:16 AM   #4
nynyny
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i xDrive E92

Quote:
Thank you.

I've heard they are mod friendly however they don't know what they're doing....I could be wrong though

I have used BMW Mt Kisco. Was never blown away by their service and it did take them quite a few tries to get my car truly diagnosed and fixed.

Are you still under warranty?
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2017, 01:36 PM   #5
frenchie1013
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nynyny View Post
Quote:
Thank you.

I have used BMW Mt Kisco. Was never blown away by their service and it did take them quite a few tries to get my car truly diagnosed and fixed.

Are you still under warranty?
No out Of warranty

2014 X5 50i
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2017, 07:09 PM   #6
skrelnik
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw

Helmuts FCS in Milford is run by a former BMW Ridgefield tech superviser. Labor is half price and done right. No rookies working on your car like Bridgeport. Ridgefield can be mod friendly pending on the SA, and they have the best tech around, dude named Corry who I've read on other forums that he places in the top 5 in the BMWNA mechanic ratings. Try calling Ridgefield and asking for a SA that will ensure Corry works on your car. Anyone else up there touches it and who the heck knows what you will get back. Corry fixed my car after Bridgeport rookies wrecked it.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2017, 07:54 PM   #7
frenchie1013
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by skrelnik View Post
Helmuts FCS in Milford is run by a former BMW Ridgefield tech superviser. Labor is half price and done right. No rookies working on your car like Bridgeport. Ridgefield can be mod friendly pending on the SA, and they have the best tech around, dude named Corry who I've read on other forums that he places in the top 5 in the BMWNA mechanic ratings. Try calling Ridgefield and asking for a SA that will ensure Corry works on your car. Anyone else up there touches it and who the heck knows what you will get back. Corry fixed my car after Bridgeport rookies wrecked it.
Thank you

Long story short that I realize I should have written first is that I know I need new injectors and my I received the letter regarding the warranty extension on my vin but I am debating going to the dealer or have it done elsewhere and get reimbursed. Half of me feels like if I go to the dealer they will "void" my car out of getting new injectors because of mods and the other half thinks I won't get reimbursed if I go the Indy route.

2014 X5 50i
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2017, 08:03 AM   #8
GreaseMonkey
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '09 335i xDrive

Bridgeport won't care about your mods, just disable any tune so they can access the computer without a hassle.
Formerly His:'09 335 xdrive
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2017, 10:42 AM   #9
frenchie1013
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey View Post
Bridgeport won't care about your mods, just disable any tune so they can access the computer without a hassle.
Just like a few posts up though, I've never heard anything good about BMW Bridgeport

2014 X5 50i
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2017, 03:26 PM   #10
GreaseMonkey
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Injectors are very easy to replace, I wouldn't worry about their ability to do that.
Appreciate 1
      01-31-2017, 08:40 AM   #11
skrelnik
Private
Rep

Quote:
Injectors are very easy to replace, I wouldn't worry about their ability to do that.
I would 100% worry. BMW Bridgeport changed my fuel injectors last March, under the BMW emissions warranty. BMW Ridgefield had to replace those fuel injectors 7 months later, along with a new fuel pump and cats.

I would avoid Bridgeport at all costs, even an oil change.

To OP: Remove tune and call Ridgefield.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2017, 09:00 AM   #12
GreaseMonkey
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I would 100% worry. BMW Bridgeport changed my fuel injectors last March, under the BMW emissions warranty. BMW Ridgefield had to replace those fuel injectors 7 months later, along with a new fuel pump and cats.

I would avoid Bridgeport at all costs, even an oil change.

To OP: Remove tune and call Ridgefield.
I'd look at your O2 sensors too if you're having a fueling issue and cat problems. Mechanically, swapping injectors is very simple, did mine in my driveway in under an hour.

That being said, BMW Bridgeport will only fix/look at what you tell them. So if you bring the car in for injectors when they are not the problem, they are going to replace the injectors and ignore any real problem solving. I've always gone in for repairs with my own completed diagnostic, informed them of the problem and solution, and had them follow my repair instructions. I do that when I don't have time to work on it myself, or the weather sucks and I don't feel like dealing with it. Diagnostics are not their strong suit!
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2017, 08:24 PM   #13
skrelnik
Private
Rep

Quote:
I'd look at your O2 sensors too if you're having a fueling issue and cat problems. Mechanically, swapping injectors is very simple, did mine in my driveway in under an hour.

That being said, BMW Bridgeport will only fix/look at what you tell them. So if you bring the car in for injectors when they are not the problem, they are going to replace the injectors and ignore any real problem solving. I've always gone in for repairs with my own completed diagnostic, informed them of the problem and solution, and had them follow my repair instructions. I do that when I don't have time to work on it myself, or the weather sucks and I don't feel like dealing with it. Diagnostics are not their strong suit!
02 sensors were tested and working as supposed to. Car is running top notch now, like brand new, after Corry at BMW Ridgefield fixed BPorts screw-ups. Last March I was in for an oil change and they told me that my injectors needed to be replaced under warranty. I did not blindly go in there with an issue.

Then in August/Sept I was back in for an oil change and they told me I needed an oil pan gasket repair. That's when all the issues occurred, including my headlight gasket detached, my brake line detached and got oil all over my wheels, and I had multiple error codes.

Went to Helmuts in Milford, was told that I had fuel injector issues and was referred to BMW Ridgefield since Helmuts said it would be easier for me to go there since the BMW warranty would cover it all. Helmuts made the intro and car is in perfect shape now.

BMW Bridgeport blamed everything on me. I have SS brake lines and they have been on the car for almost two years as of today. They said whoever installed them must ave messed up. Fairfield County Motorsports installed them 18+ months prior to my car going to Bridgeport.

Avoid this hellhole - Go to Helmuts for an honest job at half price or go see Corry up in Ridgefield.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2017, 08:42 PM   #14
f82_spooly
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 M4, E92 M3, E46 M3

Anyone have any experience with New country BMW in Hartford, CT?? Are they mod friendly?
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2017, 12:00 PM   #15
GreaseMonkey
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
02 sensors were tested and working as supposed to. Car is running top notch now, like brand new, after Corry at BMW Ridgefield fixed BPorts screw-ups. Last March I was in for an oil change and they told me that my injectors needed to be replaced under warranty. I did not blindly go in there with an issue.

Then in August/Sept I was back in for an oil change and they told me I needed an oil pan gasket repair. That's when all the issues occurred, including my headlight gasket detached, my brake line detached and got oil all over my wheels, and I had multiple error codes.

Went to Helmuts in Milford, was told that I had fuel injector issues and was referred to BMW Ridgefield since Helmuts said it would be easier for me to go there since the BMW warranty would cover it all. Helmuts made the intro and car is in perfect shape now.

BMW Bridgeport blamed everything on me. I have SS brake lines and they have been on the car for almost two years as of today. They said whoever installed them must ave messed up. Fairfield County Motorsports installed them 18+ months prior to my car going to Bridgeport.

Avoid this hellhole - Go to Helmuts for an honest job at half price or go see Corry up in Ridgefield.
Wow, that is miserable service, I really couldn't imagine what went wrong with the injector install.

I'll also add W. Jennings Co. in Southport as a quality shop, they specialize in euro cars and are extremely thorough!
Appreciate 0