F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > F36 - Grand Coupe options on a new order
ARMA SPEED

12-28-2016, 04:23 AM   #1
beanbaguk
Captain
Spain
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 520d M-Sport

F36 - Grand Coupe options on a new order

I'm going to be changing my F31 shortly and switching over to a 430d M Sport as a replacement.

My dealer is willing to offer me a good deal for my old car plus they're now offering 40k lease plans which work well for me and the high milage I do.

Going through the options I've got some questions....
  • What exactly is "enhanced" bluetooth? Is it really worth the 414eur price tag?
  • LED headlights? They're another 1800eur and it's unlikely I'll pay that ridiculous premium, but are they worth it?
  • I'm going for the dakota black leather interior. I don't like the M Sport black leather option as I think the blue stitching is a bit *meh*. Is there a difference between the two leather types or are they identical because of that?
  • I've have M Sport suspension on my 320d, and I've always wondered about the adaptive suspension. How does it compare to the standard M Sport suspension?
  • Is the ConnectedDrive package worth it? I get a concierge apparantly. (I can't see me using this), Traffic information (can I get this after if I really want it?), ConnectedDrive Services which I can't quite work out what it is (I'm sure it can be enabled by coding anyway), and Remote Services. I really can't see the advantage of being able to use my mobile to unlock the car and toot the horn. I also heard it can take up to one minute for it to react! Is it all worth the 828eur price tag?

Sorry for the long list of questions.....My dealer doesn't have demo's to show me and struggles to explain this stuff to me. (Probably a language barrier), but he does dismiss a lot of the extras.

(In Spain, cars are lacking in extras so it's almost customary not to have this stuff and it's because I'm ordering a relatively fully loaded car that I'm getting a discount. The dealer has said if the garage registers the car and would use it as a show car in the showroom for a couple of months, I would get a big discount which is fine by me.

Here's my build if you're interested: mibmw.es/u4p2c3u8
      12-28-2016, 01:23 PM   #2
beanbaguk
Captain
Spain
Rep

Anyone on the options I mentioned?
      12-28-2016, 01:55 PM   #3
DJsirkit
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 428i x-Drive M-sport

1. Enhanced BT Definetly worth it. I think the basic one just lets you make calls not music or other data. (I may be wrong)
2.LED headlights not that big of a deal but if you get LED you won't have to change your bulbs for as long as you own the car.
3. I have Dakota black and it feels great.
4. Adaptive will let you adjust things individually for each driving mode.
5. Some parts of connected drive are worth it like live traffic which should be included for the first 3yrs and then its $50 a year at least in the US. Not sure about where you are. the rest of the apps are neat but require your phone to be plugged in which is a pain. I wish it would all work over Bluetooth.
6. Get the Driver assistance plus and the tech package the Heads-up Display and the Surround cameras are awesome.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2016, 03:12 PM   #4
goj
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 EBII 340i 6-MT

All these options are really nice to have. Bluetooth audio is now standard. Enhanced Bluetooth allows multiple phones to be connected but I'm not sure of the other features. I would just code it in for cheap or free if you learn how to do it.
BMW CCA Member #516012
2016 340i, Estoril Blue, Manual Transmission, MPE, MPBBK, HRE FF04
Instagram: @brandons340i
Appreciate 1
beanbaguk455.50
      12-28-2016, 03:18 PM   #5
beanbaguk
Captain
Spain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by goj View Post
I would get all these options. Bluetooth audio is now standard. Enhanced Bluetooth allows multiple phones to be connected. And offers text message display etc. I would just code it in for cheap or free if you learn how to do it?
That's what I thought. My wife's new 2 series Grand Tourer has BT audio without enhanced. I was hoping to code it in...

I've been reading about the LED headlights and unless it comes up as a standard option with the LCI model, I think it's one I'll avoid.

I'm still not getting ConnectedDrive yet....what's the difference with and without. I use Spotify and TuneIn with my retrofitted NBT so the question would be will I get this without this option?

I'm not at all interested in reading messages on my screen (if that's all it'll really offer), but things like the weather would be nice. I like to focus on my driving....
      12-28-2016, 03:26 PM   #6
goj
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 EBII 340i 6-MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanbaguk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by goj View Post
I would get all these options. Bluetooth audio is now standard. Enhanced Bluetooth allows multiple phones to be connected. And offers text message display etc. I would just code it in for cheap or free if you learn how to do it?
That's what I thought. My wife's new 2 series Grand Tourer has BT audio without enhanced. I was hoping to code it in...

I've been reading about the LED headlights and unless it comes up as a standard option with the LCI model, I think it's one I'll avoid.

I'm still not getting ConnectedDrive yet....what's the difference with and without. I use Spotify and TuneIn with my retrofitted NBT so the question would be will I get this without this option?

I'm not at all interested in reading messages on my screen (if that's all it'll really offer), but things like the weather would be nice. I like to focus on my driving....
I have connected drive as part of the tech package and the usefulness is minimal but I do like the weather And real time traffic
BMW CCA Member #516012
2016 340i, Estoril Blue, Manual Transmission, MPE, MPBBK, HRE FF04
Instagram: @brandons340i
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2016, 06:16 PM   #7
cfm56d7b
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i Gran Coupe & 2015 X5

I tried to view your build but looks like it already expired.

My thoughts about your options:

1. I think Enhanced Bluetooth is worth it. If this feature is coded, it will be erased during the next dealer visit (if vehicle's firmware has to be updated).

2. Did not select LED headlights for my 2017 440i GC. I did invest in Driver Assistance, Driver Assistance Plus, Technology, and Tracking Handling packages.

3. Leather options are such personal choices. Just get what you think will be the right choice that you will cheerfully live with for a while.

4. You will like Adaptive M Suspension. In Sport setting, it's a little stiffer than standard M Sport suspension (all caveats apply ... humble opinion after driving F36 vehicles with both suspensions).

5. ConnectedDrive was included with my vehicle. Realtime traffic information is very helpful.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2016, 07:09 PM   #8
VVlasy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 440i xDrive GC with MPPSK

You need ConnectedDrive services to be able to have RTTI and other online features...

It is basically subscription for the car to have online access (it includes online search, Google Street View, Weather, email and other apps in car)
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2016, 04:18 AM   #9
beanbaguk
Captain
Spain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfm56d7b View Post
I tried to view your build but looks like it already expired.

My thoughts about your options:

1. I think Enhanced Bluetooth is worth it. If this feature is coded, it will be erased during the next dealer visit (if vehicle's firmware has to be updated).

2. Did not select LED headlights for my 2017 440i GC. I did invest in Driver Assistance, Driver Assistance Plus, Technology, and Tracking Handling packages.

3. Leather options are such personal choices. Just get what you think will be the right choice that you will cheerfully live with for a while.

4. You will like Adaptive M Suspension. In Sport setting, it's a little stiffer than standard M Sport suspension (all caveats apply ... humble opinion after driving F36 vehicles with both suspensions).

5. ConnectedDrive was included with my vehicle. Realtime traffic information is very helpful.
I'm definitely going to go with coding the enhanced BT myself. Paying US$430 for the convenience of BMW doing it for me just doesn't seem worthwhile. If it's coded out again on a firmware update, it takes just 5 minutes with my laptop when I get home to code it back in.

You've also mentioned a lot of packages that don't seem to exist here in Spain which is a shame. The only package available to me was the ConnectedDrive package which I'm genuinely questioning. So long as I have my Spotify and TuneIn apps (even with a cable), I'm happy. I'll check with the dealer I can select just one option as Concierge services alone seem to come in at almost US$300 which is in my world, a total waste of money.

I'll see what the LCI option offers, but I definitely want adaptive lights. I have them on my F31 and I love them. That's a US$520 extra that I feel is worth it considering the amount of night driving I do.

Leather is also very limiting. I know I shouldn't but I think I'm going to go the whole 9 yards and get the leather dash. It just looks stunning and adds a very high-end premium feel to the car.

I also love the Individual black leather with white stitching option. It looks amazing, and add that to the leather dash and you have one hell of a car, but that's pushing my budget one step too far!

With Individual Leather (Black):

I've also done a lot of reading up on the adaptive dampers. Funnily enough, there isn't much on the BMW ones but the Jaguar version seems similar. CNET actually did an interesting video on it but I'm still divided. I'm going to see if there is a demo car with this fitted so I can try it out.

In other news I have a desperate buyer for my car!

Just waiting for that LCI update.....!!!!!