Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Are these fakes ?

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

12-27-2016, 04:59 PM   #1
dilyanyordanov
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: 09 335i JB4, VRSF DPs

Are these fakes ?

Hi guys,
I am buying these wheels tomorrow morning.I live in Europe,so I need your help reallly fast.
This is a link to the wheels:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...U1MM1B5UDZfVm8

They are really cheap...one of the wheels has been really bad and the remanufactured the inner rim but I will be getting another wheel. That's not the problem. I need to know if they are fakes. On the inside it clearly states bmw and a part number which leads to these wheels.However it says "Italy" and somewhere I read they might be replicas if they are made in Italy. Does anyone have style 225 and now a bit more about them ?
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2016, 11:19 PM   #2
Yozh
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d M-Sport

Some factory wheels are made in Italy. These look legit. May be others can confirm as well.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2016, 09:27 AM   #3
feuer
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: wife crazy!

Those are style 225 and made in Italy. Look authentic to me. Repair look great. Would not worry me much.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2016, 04:11 PM   #4
dilyanyordanov
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: 09 335i JB4, VRSF DPs

Hi guys,
I bought the wheels today. Yep look reallly good actually. I was wondering about the welding. I went to a tire shop just to put them on and see how the rear one is behaving but the guy didn't even look at the wheel and said it probably won't a lot... I live in Bulgaria,so we have a few potholes ....but i just thought he is too negative or was lazy today and didn't want to remove and them install my winter set again... I was thinking of going to a professional to check a real opinion. I didn't think that I would drive with this wheel and would just buy another one. I can't find one in Bulgaria right now...I've look on the German ebay....nothing....and on ebay.co.uk there are 2 or 3 but their prices are crazy...around 400 pounds just for one wheel....which sounds a lottt.... What do you think ? Should I definitely buy another one...or change them in April and drive moderately and buy one immediately when I find one. Problem is at it seems that the run flats are ruining the wheels...a lot of those are cracked when combined with run flats..So my first job is to throw these away and buy new ones...I am just concerned about that welded one...However others look awesome....Was really looking to find these wheels.
Appreciate 0