THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics Best settings for 2017 HK?

12-17-2016, 02:28 AM   #1
japanaltaf
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 AW X3 M40i

Best settings for 2017 HK?

I know there isn't much to play with, but just wondering if any of the audiophile members on the board have found the "ideal" settings?

For reference, I have already disconnected the center speaker and coded out ASD.

Thanks for any feedback!
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2016, 09:27 AM   #2
golf4501
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by japanaltaf View Post
I know there isn't much to play with, but just wondering if any of the audiophile members on the board have found the "ideal" settings?

For reference, I have already disconnected the center speaker and coded out ASD.

Thanks for any feedback!
I haven't found an ideal setting on my 2014 with HK.

I really think BMW dropped the ball on the audio on this car. I had a 3 series loaner the other day, and it had all the settings available (exactly what I had in my 2007 335), EQ, etc. It seems like it would be very easy for them to have carried this down to the 2 series, and really confused as why they didn't. Anybody know what the corporate decision or thinking was here?
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2016, 09:45 AM   #3
jpnh
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: NA

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf4501 View Post
I haven't found an ideal setting on my 2014 with HK.

I really think BMW dropped the ball on the audio on this car. I had a 3 series loaner the other day, and it had all the settings available (exactly what I had in my 2007 335), EQ, etc. It seems like it would be very easy for them to have carried this down to the 2 series, and really confused as why they didn't. Anybody know what the corporate decision or thinking was here?
It would be one thing if we were talking about the limitations of the stock audio.....but we're not

We're talking about an $875 UPGRADE......and they dont even bother to include a simple equalizer that is standard on automobiles half the price

Dont get me wrong....it sounds "ok" but the factory stereo in my 1 ton pick up truck sounds a LOT better and is actually configurable
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2016, 10:31 AM   #4
golf4501
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpnh View Post
It would be one thing if we were talking about the limitations of the stock audio.....but we're not

We're talking about an $875 UPGRADE......and they dont even bother to include a simple equalizer that is standard on automobiles half the price

Dont get me wrong....it sounds "ok" but the factory stereo in my 1 ton pick up truck sounds a LOT better and is actually configurable
Agree 100%! I took delivery of the first M235 my dealership got. I was shocked when I was going thru the delivery with my SA as was he. Neither of us knew the limitations the HK had in the 2 series. I thought maybe it was across all models until I had the 3 series loaner and saw all the options it had in it's audio settings.
Appreciate 1
jpnh1424.50
      12-17-2016, 10:46 AM   #5
japanaltaf
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 AW X3 M40i

I agree that not including the EQ settings is a huge mistake on BMW's part Coming from a 2015 F80 with HK, it really did make for a pretty nice sounding system with the proper EQ settings.

However, I believe it was found that something changed in 2017 -

http://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1300868

I only have experience with my 2017 HK, so I can't comment on any changes, but I find the sound to be pretty good even with all settings at their default position. Just wondering if any 2017 HK owners had done any measurements or anything to determine the best settings?

Thanks again!
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2016, 12:04 PM   #6
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

The OP asks about setting in the 2017 2 Series HK, which seems to have significantly better sound then pre-2017 versions. (There's no consensus as to why yet. There's evidence that BMW finally fixed the reversed-polarity wiring issue with the LR speakers, but beyond that we simply don't know for sure what was changed or improved.)

So basically, only those with a 2017 HK will be able to provide constructive feedback for the OP.
Appreciate 1