THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum Regional Forums UNITED KINGDOM 18'' BMW M Performance brake system

12-11-2016, 02:27 AM   #1
MattUK
Captain Unsensible
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 M240i Coupe - Estoril

Garage List
2016 BMW M240i  [0.00]
18'' BMW M Performance brake system

Hi everyone,

My M240 is due for delivery next week, and I am having the spoiler front/rear kit, and when available the Exhaust system fitted.

I took the 140 out for a drive yesterday while at the dealer and coming from an M6 I have to say I had more fun in it than I have ever had in the M6. The only real difference I would say is in the quality of the interior, which in my view has dropped dramatically in all of the new models 5 series and below.

The one thing I did pick up on, and really noticed (which is understandable) is the braking on the car, nowhere near as sharp as I am used to, and while I can probably live with it, I've aways been used to having better brakes, and feel they are important to me.

I'm considering the BMW 18'' BMW M Performance brake system to replace what is on there, has anyone done anything similar? I know there are several other options that are cheaper etc, but curious if anyone has made the change, and how much of a difference they have noticed?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2016, 05:35 AM   #2
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW M2 DCT

Matt,

The std car's brakes are very good - I think EU spec M135i pads are superb for DD and occasional track work. I decided to bide my time to buy OEM components, so I've upgraded my M135i brakes to MPBBK spec ++ as follows:-

Calipers
  • Front - swapped std blue m sport to larger F30 Oe blue m-sport calipers
  • Rear - no change
Discs - all round OE MP BBK discs c/w OE larger protection plates
  • front [370mm]
  • rear [345mm]
Pads c/w new wear sensors
  • Front - OE M3/M4 sport pads;
  • Rear - OE MP pads at the rear
Lines - HEL ss braided hoses - black

BF - DOT 5.1

The m2/m3/m4 sport pads were a leap of faith but I'm happy with them. They can get noisy with light use after a pounding but a mini-bedding procedure sorts that out easy enough as and when required.

Initially I drove the car without coding MPBBK and pedal feel was definitely improved with great initial bite but still progressive and easy to modulate [important to me and I was concerned that I might make the brakes too binary].

I then had MPBBK coded by my local dealer and the effect was slightly more progressive at the top of the pedal, than before coding, making modulation even easier.

More info on this thread on BabyBmw forum

BP

461m trial fit

Front
      12-16-2016, 11:32 PM   #3
MattUK
Captain Unsensible
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 M240i Coupe - Estoril

Garage List
2016 BMW M240i  [0.00]
Cheers mate! I collect mine today, and the dealer also suggested I let mine bed in before i make a change as my test unit was under 1k miles on it..
Appreciate 0