THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics Anybody have a rockford fosgate p300-12?

12-09-2016, 01:03 PM   #1
haOo
Rep
Drives: Black 228i

Anybody have a rockford fosgate p300-12?

Pretty much title.

1)how does it sound?

2) did you install yourself? Ease?

Was thinking of picking this up.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2016, 01:07 PM   #2
Beartato
Major
Rep
Drives: M235i

I have the 10 inch version sitting in my garage I had installed in a Ford Focus. Really great product, and I'd have it in my M235i if I had a wiring diagram for the amp. In the Focus I just tapped off the rear speakers near the stock amp and used the high level inputs. With this car? Ehhhhhhh.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2016, 01:17 PM   #3
haOo
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beartato View Post
I have the 10 inch version sitting in my garage I had installed in a Ford Focus. Really great product, and I'd have it in my M235i if I had a wiring diagram for the amp. In the Focus I just tapped off the rear speakers near the stock amp and used the high level inputs. With this car? Ehhhhhhh.
guess its harder then "normal." I havnet looked into it yet
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2016, 08:12 PM   #4
matt@bavsound
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2005 330i

While definitely not as easy as just swapping speakers out and leaving the factory amplification as is, this shouldn't really be a difficult install either. You can tap into the factory sub wires at the OEM amp in the driver's side of the trunk, and the battery is back there too for power and ground.

Looks like the P300-12 has a signal-sensing remote turn on, so that should really be all there is to it.

Let me know if we can be of any help!
      12-16-2016, 09:48 AM   #5
haOo
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt@bavsound View Post
While definitely not as easy as just swapping speakers out and leaving the factory amplification as is, this shouldn't really be a difficult install either. You can tap into the factory sub wires at the OEM amp in the driver's side of the trunk, and the battery is back there too for power and ground.

Looks like the P300-12 has a signal-sensing remote turn on, so that should really be all there is to it.

Let me know if we can be of any help!
thanks for this! i'm pretty newb at installing and a reputable shop nearby me is only charging 100 bucks to install it. might go that route. just scared they might do something irreversible
Appreciate 0