F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Collect 340i touring next week, best place for detailing?
GetBMWParts

12-09-2016, 01:01 PM   #1
siwilson
Rep
Drives: BMW 330d M Sport Touring

Collect 340i touring next week, best place for detailing?

I collect my new 340i Touring next week to replace an F31 330d, really looking forward to going back to a decent petrol car.

Anyway, i'm thinking of having the car detailed, i'm based in Chesterfield, Derbyshire and don't want to have to travel to far as I have got loads on (house move).

Anyone have any recommendations reasonably close to me, and what sort of cost/service i should go for?

Ta, Si
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2016, 01:58 PM   #2
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Q7 & Clubman JCW on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by siwilson View Post
I collect my new 340i Touring next week to replace an F31 330d, really looking forward to going back to a decent petrol car.

Anyway, i'm thinking of having the car detailed, i'm based in Chesterfield, Derbyshire and don't want to have to travel to far as I have got loads on (house move).

Anyone have any recommendations reasonably close to me, and what sort of cost/service i should go for?

Ta, Si
Did you find anywhere? I live in Chesterfield as well and ordered a 340i saloon for delivery Jan/Feb.

I've been looking online and I've seen two, Reflective Desire in Sheffield and Perfect Car Care in Matlock. Both prefer to do the cars at their own units, but do do home detailing in Chesterfield. Not sure if they're any good, anyone got any experience of them?
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2016, 03:17 PM   #3
siwilson
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex340 View Post
Did you find anywhere? I live in Chesterfield as well and ordered a 340i saloon for delivery Jan/Feb.

I've been looking online and I've seen two, Reflective Desire in Sheffield and Perfect Car Care in Matlock. Both prefer to do the cars at their own units, but do do home detailing in Chesterfield. Not sure if they're any good, anyone got any experience of them?
Not found anywhere yet, i'll check those two out for sure
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2016, 03:26 PM   #4
siwilson
Rep

I have just dropped Perfect Car Care an email, i'll let you know how i get on.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2016, 03:33 PM   #5
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Cheers, I'll probably give them a call after Christmas now. I'm really only looking for someone who'll do a one day detail of the car. I think that's all that is needed for a new car and some go into way too much detail (cost) for me.

I'd be interested to hear how you get in, cheers
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2016, 08:38 AM   #6
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Just found out that my car is at the dealers. Did you have any luck on your detailing hunt?
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2016, 09:50 AM   #7
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: iPace / Mini

340is getting a bit popular in Chesterfield - either of you bought locally? I say that as I used to live there and found the local dealers complete rubbish when it came to deals - even though we had a Mini from the other half of the dealership and they were much happier to do deals!

Now in the glorious south so new cars a thing of the past....
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2016, 11:57 AM   #8
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by isleaiw1 View Post
340is getting a bit popular in Chesterfield - either of you bought locally? I say that as I used to live there and found the local dealers complete rubbish when it came to deals - even though we had a Mini from the other half of the dealership and they were much happier to do deals!

I recognise that name, I was on the Audi A6 forum as Chesterfield313, think we spoke on there a few times.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2016, 12:04 PM   #9
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

And no, I didn't by from Stratsone Chesterfield. I did try. I went in to do a deal but they couldn't get anywhere near. The business manager overheard the conversation with the salesman and came over. He said that they'd get back to me with their best offer as he didn't want a local driving round in a BMW from somewhere else. At that time they were £6k off broker prices. I didn't even get a call from them.

I went into Sytner Leicester a fortnight later and ordered a brand new factory built car and they matched the best broker price with barely any struggle (£10k off list).

I will delight in taking my car into Chesterfield for service, especially as I talked Sytner into throwing in a service pack, although that was more of a struggle!

Last edited by Goneinsixtyseconds; 12-15-2016 at 12:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2016, 08:21 AM   #10
siwilson
Rep

I collect my car tomorrow, from Chesterfield Stratstone. It's my second new F31 and both times I've been very happy with the service. The 340i deal was way beyond what I expected. Hopefully all will go well when I collect the car tomorrow.

As for detailing, I've found a place in Alfreton called Perfect Car Care. Seem a good outfit and will probably try them out when I have the car detailed in the new year
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2016, 08:39 AM   #11
CazuaLLUK
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i Black F30 M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
The 340i deal was way beyond what I expected. Hopefully all will go well when I collect the car tomorrow.

Enough spare cash for the MPPSK?
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2016, 12:24 PM   #12
siwilson
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CazuaLLUK View Post
Enough spare cash for the MPPSK?
Not before Christmas but it's definitely on the list for the New Year!
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2016, 12:56 PM   #13
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I collect my car tomorrow, from Chesterfield Stratstone. It's my second new F31 and both times I've been very happy with the service. The 340i deal was way beyond what I expected. Hopefully all will go well when I collect the car tomorrow.

As for detailing, I've found a place in Alfreton called Perfect Car Care. Seem a good outfit and will probably try them out when I have the car detailed in the new year
I'm sure they can't be bad with all customers or they wouldn't have any. They didn't seem interested in my visits, no follow up on more than one occasion. They seemed put off by the £10k+ discounts available elsewhere.......so I went elsewhere.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2016, 05:31 AM   #14
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex340 View Post
I recognise that name, I was on the Audi A6 forum as Chesterfield313, think we spoke on there a few times.
We did indeed. My Audi didnt last long - change of circumstances meant I had a car too many so it departed...

Hope the 340i treats you well - I will look out for it when I am next up that way, what colour have you gone for?
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2016, 05:33 AM   #15
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:

Congrats on the deal - sometimes it is just about catching the right sales guy on the right day. Clearly I never have on the BMW side - although had 3 Minis from the other side and always found sales there good (although I suspect the sales guy we used has left now...)

Look forward to seeing pics of the new car and will look out for you when in town.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2016, 06:52 AM   #16
Torque of the Devil
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 440i Gran Coupe

There is no luck in getting an unbeatable deal on a new BMW, just deal with Tony Lewis at Berry BMW in Chiswick.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2016, 07:09 AM   #17
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
There is no luck in getting an unbeatable deal on a new BMW, just deal with Tony Lewis at Berry BMW in Chiswick.
We were talking about why a LOCAL dealer can do a good deal one day and not another. When I want to buy a new car I will go to Tony if needs be but I would rather keep the business in my locality if I can do so without penalising myself, helps build a relationship and keeps jobs and money in the local economy.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2016, 05:09 PM   #18
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
We did indeed. My Audi didnt last long - change of circumstances meant I had a car too many so it departed...

Hope the 340i treats you well - I will look out for it when I am next up that way, what colour have you gone for?
Black with the M Sport plus pack. Originally ordered in tanzanite blue, but then changed my mind, partly because you have to pay for it and partly due to it slowing down the order.
Appreciate 1
isleaiw18775.50
      12-20-2016, 02:43 AM   #19
Foxmod
Registered
Rep
Drives: F30 335d xdrive msport

If your still after a detailer there is pwpro in mansfield, I've used Paul for the last 6 years, and done most of my cars. He's doing my brand new 340i I pick up next week. 1 day new car detail and he's fitting ppf to front bumper and bonnet. PWPro.co.uk. Ask for Paul and tell him Dave sent you..... he does a lot of high end cars, and is very knowledgable

Dave
Appreciate 1
isleaiw18775.50