F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Coding rear foglight, how?
GetBMWParts

12-09-2016, 09:48 AM   #1
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

Coding rear foglight, how?

As title says and I explain this shortly: I own a reimported 435i with a valid road permit for German street law. Including this retransformation to German laws is to change the rear lamps to have the yellow turn light color. Additionally its necessary to have on the left side a rear (red) foglight.
Now, the dealer had sold me the car also with an improved headlight switch, which differs from the US-model caused by non installed rear fog lights. It was coded in and had worked but during an overall software update all modifications were deleted and had to be implemented new.
Unfortunately the coder left the fog light out and it was my turn to determine this months later at heavy fog around here, that the lamp is not working.
Now I need the correct codings for reviving the fog lamp.
Any experts around? Thank you

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2016, 12:37 AM   #2
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

F30 DIY US Headlight Switch Modification for Rear Fog Lights + Coding

DIY: Using Adaptive LED Cornering Lamps as Fog lights
Appreciate 1
Dang3r12512.00
      12-21-2016, 12:14 PM   #3
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep

Today was coding day and I have to state, that your parameters from a not closer specified software version of the car are unfortunately not valid.

At first: After connection to ESYS, the car is displayed as 3R13 and as long as this is the US-spec base for coding, you wouldnt find the key lines or insert options for the rear fog light, hence US cars are not foreseen for this.

Overwrite and save to 3R11 (thats German base level) and add manually the line for foglights.
After inserting and creating a new CAFD file, transmit the data to the car and as stock setting both rear lamps are illuminated and addionally the yellow control lamp into the instrument cluster a activated.
I have disabled the right side, hence into Germany at least the left side is enough to pass the technical annual inspection.

Thank you anyway, you brought me onto the right way.

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2016, 12:46 PM   #4
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dang3r View Post
Today was coding day and I have to state, that your parameters from a not closer specified software version of the car are unfortunately not valid.

At first: After connection to ESYS, the car is displayed as 3R13 and as long as this is the US-spec base for coding, you wouldnt find the key lines or insert options for the rear fog light, hence US cars are not foreseen for this.

Overwrite and save to 3R11 (thats German base level) and add manually the line for foglights.
After inserting and creating a new CAFD file, transmit the data to the car and as stock setting both rear lamps are illuminated and addionally the yellow control lamp into the instrument cluster a activated.
I have disabled the right side, hence into Germany at least the left side is enough to pass the technical annual inspection.

Thank you anyway, you brought me onto the right way.
So you have F32 (435i Coupe (N55B30MO, 225kW):
  • 3R13 = US LHD
  • 3R11 = EU LHD
Did you write EU Typschlüssel to vehicle (VCM) or just use modified & loaded FA? Did you code entire vehicle or just REM?

What do you mean you manually entered line for foglight? What do you mean you created new CAFD file? You created CAF or NCD?

What were the correct & missing lines?
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2016, 03:10 AM   #5
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep

Correct for the car description.

I wrote only VCM not the VO because foglight is no SA to order extra.

What I mean with the "not valid" was, that BMW had changed the software into my car last year and therefore the appearance of the expected lines were not present. That was caused a) by the 3R13 auto-selection and b) after switching to 3R11 by the missing fog light option though.

For the rest I'll try to screenshot the changes made, thats easier to display than to write. That'll take a few days, actually Im very short on time.

Appreciate 1
Almaretto2374.00
      12-22-2016, 02:17 PM   #6
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dang3r View Post
Correct for the car description.

I wrote only VCM not the VO because foglight is no SA to order extra.

What I mean with the "not valid" was, that BMW had changed the software into my car last year and therefore the appearance of the expected lines were not present. That was caused a) by the 3R13 auto-selection and b) after switching to 3R11 by the missing fog light option though.

For the rest I'll try to screenshot the changes made, thats easier to display than to write. That'll take a few days, actually Im very short on time.
Looking forward to report.
Appreciate 0