F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Got slightly clipped
Extreme Powerhouse

12-09-2016, 03:38 AM   #1
fortythirtyfive
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 435i MS

Got slightly clipped

So I've been away since the 30th of November, came back finally on Monday this week and eventually went to check my car last night (I park it in a private underground residential garage).

After going out for a blast and coming back I realised my front bumper had a lot of dried dirt on it.. went to wipe it off which then revealed a couple of grazes and scuffs all over the bumper funnily enough the side it has happened was the only side a car could park, so clearly someone who parks near me has clipped me and ran off.

My question though is it worth getting a respray? Generally the car is kept pretty secure and looked after extremely well.

The close up photo doesn't really show it because of the light, but it just looks very matte scuffed and slightly discoloured. That said since I managed to clean and wipe the area down most of the original damage has been recovered.

Hopefully there's a set of cameras around near the bay that I parked in, going to check with my concierge tonight and see if I can catch the bast*rd. Ideally I'd just love an apology..
      12-09-2016, 03:42 AM   #2
SkyJawa
Major General
Rep
Drives: F10 530d

That could quite possibly just polish out.....

Failing that a chipsaway style repair would be worth getting a quote for.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2016, 04:01 AM   #3
fortythirtyfive
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 435i MS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyJawa View Post
That could quite possibly just polish out.....

Failing that a chipsaway style repair would be worth getting a quote for.
The black line is the broken paint, when I ran my nail across it I could feel the paint dip. Hopefully the scuffed area will polish out though.

Funnily enough I already have my local chipsaway guy's contact, he said at best he can fill it but there'll be an vague outline around where the original paint broke as it won't be a 100% match.
      12-09-2016, 04:41 PM   #4
charge_hopper
Private
Rep
Drives: 320d

I've just had a quote for complete front bumper repair and respray - minor damage from driving through an airborne light shroud - and some lacquer peel. £240 + vat which I thought was quite reasonable and might help put the cost of a smart repair in perspective.
Appreciate 0