E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Dashcam hardwire help!

12-03-2016, 11:32 PM   #1
yipronny
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2012 e92

Dashcam hardwire help!

Hi,

I searched all over the forum on how to hardwire my new dashcam behind the glove compartment's fuse box. I ended up using a add a circuit and tapped into fuse number 8 for accessory and fuse 73 for constant power. I also added a power magic pro so I can record while the car is parked. However, the power magic pro led lights on lit up when the car is on so does the dashcam. Once i shut off the car, the light turns off even in the on position so does the dashcam.

The lowest cutoff voltage for this new version of power magic pro is 12v, could it possibly be my battery is dying and can't hold above a 12v charge? or is it because I wired it incorrectly? Any thoughts

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2016, 06:06 AM   #2
Socket
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by yipronny View Post
Hi,

I searched all over the forum on how to hardwire my new dashcam behind the glove compartment's fuse box. I ended up using a add a circuit and tapped into fuse number 8 for accessory and fuse 73 for constant power. I also added a power magic pro so I can record while the car is parked. However, the power magic pro led lights on lit up when the car is on so does the dashcam. Once i shut off the car, the light turns off even in the on position so does the dashcam.

The lowest cutoff voltage for this new version of power magic pro is 12v, could it possibly be my battery is dying and can't hold above a 12v charge? or is it because I wired it incorrectly? Any thoughts

Thanks!
Check the settings in the magic pro first, you should be able to see the voltage on the magic pro screen and change the cut off voltage in the menu to cut off at say 11.5v or something
I had lots of trouble getting my dash cam to play nice, turned out it was a combo of switches and settings on the magic pro ... GL mate
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2016, 11:28 AM   #3
fredcase
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: Bmw=trash

Link or write up on hiw you did this. I really want to do this.
Appreciate 0