F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Android+Head up+OBD/II etc
Extreme Powerhouse

12-03-2016, 02:28 PM   #1
Markus_der_Killer
Italy
Rep
Drives: BMW 320D

Cool Android+Head up+OBD/II etc

Howdy Mates,

When I bought my Bimmer (2013MY), which I was urged to buy since my previous car died abrutply, I went to buy a 6 months used car. It was almost a stock car with very few optionals. Since I always dreamt about Bimmer It was acceptable to me. 2 years after I realize that I wanted installed the NBT unit which now I have.

I read a lot and I have a dongle ELM327 plugged in OBD/II port which can transfer OBD information via Bluetooth and I have installed on my mobile Torque Pro. It is okay but it can give you only the rev and speed and some other information related to the engine. Being said that just to get those information some other hardware can be used like those dongles.

In my mind, if there is the possibility, it is to get also the information from navigation which are not transferrable thru OBD/II port.

So I am asking to the Guru of this Forum, what is the protocol used by BMW to transfer data to the original HUD, IF someone has already tried to decode it and well if It does not worth since most of the information on HUD are really poor.

In case the informations of HUD are considered poor, what do you suggest to have or to get? I have always been intrigued by this technology.

Thank you so much,

Marco
Appreciate 0