XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

04-08-2008, 11:01 PM   #1
cheaptrick
cheap
Rep
Drives: 335CIC & 35i X6

X6 exterior colors

Got the order in for new x6 today, week 19 build, happy with it except can't make up my mind on color. Like the Titanium silver a lot but allready have one that color, but also liked mineral silver I saw at the dealers. Palbay if your out there I need pics of mineral silver soon!
Got black interior with dark wood (bummed there was no poplar or ash), premium,sport (with y spoke wheels sport wheels are style 212 and aren't all that) and tech packages, multi contour seats, auto tailgate, comfort access, heated front seats, HD, sat, and Ipod. I was bummed to be charged for both ipod and installation as dealer says it's a factory installed option. Just need to see that mineral silver in next few weeks. Thanks everyone for all their help. Cheap
      04-10-2008, 02:21 PM   #2
morty
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X6 xDrive50i

Desperate to see Mineral Silver Metallic

I’m with you Cheap… I really need to see this color. I’m even willing to see it on ANY car… as such; may I please request anyone with a camera to take a photo of even a 6-series in the color… (I think only the 6 series also comes in this color). I just went to my dealer and we did a local search… I was willing to drive 100-150 miles – but the nearest 650i in Mineral Silver Metallic is in California..!!! I just don’t see a road trip from Seattle to San Francisco this weekend.

So how about it? Can ANYONE snag a photo of a Mineral Silver Metallic 6-series for us?? If it’s sitting beside a Titanium Silver car, or an Alpine White car – all the better!!!! Direct sunshine - in the shadows - under lights at night - anything will help!!

Cheap – I also found out from my dealer that Mineral Silver Metallic is officially a ‘Delayed Availability’ option in the latest information (along with the leather dash option). That explains why even the photo-fantastic Palbay can’t capture an X6 in the color… My dealer is actually wondering if it will only be introduced on the XDrive50i…??

But do keep in mind; the latest ‘teaser’ pamphlet STILL lists a rear window intermittent windshield wiper being STANDARD on all X6 cars… so I’m not too confident all the data is on point!

Thanks guys! We’re counting on you!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2008, 02:32 PM   #3
Palbay
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW X3

Mineral Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by morty View Post
I’m with you Cheap… I really need to see this color. I’m even willing to see it on ANY car… as such; may I please request anyone with a camera to take a photo of even a 6-series in the color… (I think only the 6 series also comes in this color). I just went to my dealer and we did a local search… I was willing to drive 100-150 miles – but the nearest 650i in Mineral Silver Metallic is in California..!!! I just don’t see a road trip from Seattle to San Francisco this weekend.

So how about it? Can ANYONE snag a photo of a Mineral Silver Metallic 6-series for us?? If it’s sitting beside a Titanium Silver car, or an Alpine White car – all the better!!!! Direct sunshine - in the shadows - under lights at night - anything will help!!

Cheap – I also found out from my dealer that Mineral Silver Metallic is officially a ‘Delayed Availability’ option in the latest information (along with the leather dash option). That explains why even the photo-fantastic Palbay can’t capture an X6 in the color… My dealer is actually wondering if it will only be introduced on the XDrive50i…??

But do keep in mind; the latest ‘teaser’ pamphlet STILL lists a rear window intermittent windshield wiper being STANDARD on all X6 cars… so I’m not too confident all the data is on point!

Thanks guys! We’re counting on you!!!!!
Good info.At least now I don't feel like I was loosing my mind about not spotting any MS X6's.Just never saw any around.I think you solved the mystery!!!Still looking for that one off MS X6 floating around the plant.Thanks. PalBay
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2008, 03:07 PM   #4
cheaptrick
cheap
Rep

My dealer said no problem ordering it for first week of May and the pamplete that is out, says May availability. MS is more of a silver golden hue kind of like the color you often see on Mercedes sedans. It has some green in it in the sunlight. I just wonder how it looks on X6. Morty you can search bimmerfest under mineral silver and see lots of 6 series with it. Also e-bay under 6 series. I may just stay with TiAg (what I ordered) and have 2 of em! Pics #1 tiag the other 2 mineral silver. Cheap.
Attached Images

04-10-2008, 03:32 PM   #5
Suzie's Dad
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: ML550/AMG

I'm not sure a photo is going to do it for you. I can completely change the look of mineral silver just by dragging the picture from one monitor to the other -- and I mean completely change it. On one screen it seems to have a brownish tint and on the other one it looks very silver. Contrast that with Vermilion Red which looks the same on both.

???
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2008, 03:51 PM   #6
cheaptrick
cheap
Rep

They look very close to the 6 my dealer has however the tiag looks "blueer" go figure. Cheap