XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

04-08-2008, 10:01 PM   #1
Palbay
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW X3

X6 Gas Mileage

Here is a quote from Agent001 at AutoSpies.com"But the star of the show today was the new twin-turbo 8.

OMG, WHAT an engine!!!

It's the best 8 I've ever driven. IMAGINE what it will be like in the next 7 and 5!

And that sound!!!

Forget gas mileage...THAT's the X6 I want!!!

And speaking of gas mileage, the 50 wasn't as bad as the long term X5 4.8i that I'm currently driving.

My X5 is getting about 14.9 city and 16.5 highway where the new 50 was tracking about 16 city and 20-21 highway.

Amazing for its power and thrust.

And if you're wondering, the 35 got around 19 city and 22-23 hwy in our tests." I'm not sure I'm buying those MPG's from that fire breathing TTV8.If they are true BMW has just hit it out of the universe regarding V8 technology!!! What will the Hybrid X6 get: 30MPG Highway.....crazy stuff.Thanks. PalBay
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2008, 03:09 PM   #2
Suzie's Dad
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: ML550/AMG

I have been saying for some time that the TTV8 is technologically a fascinating engine. It incorporates a lot of interesting innovations that turn on technoweenies like yrs trly. Good to see that it all translates into the real world of OMG!

Even though most of the road tests rate the 35i as more nimble, I will still go with brute power and give up a little on the cornering front.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2008, 04:35 PM   #3
Palbay
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW X3

TTV8 X6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzie's Dad View Post
I have been saying for some time that the TTV8 is technologically a fascinating engine. It incorporates a lot of interesting innovations that turn on technoweenies like yrs trly. Good to see that it all translates into the real world of OMG!

Even though most of the road tests rate the 35i as more nimble, I will still go with brute power and give up a little on the cornering front.
I heard and saw a clip while the Auto Journalist were in town.Someone was filming from inside the car.The sound of that TTV8 from inside the car is just about as good as the outside!!!!! That TTV8 sound track is unbelievable...... intoxicatingThanks. PalBay
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2008, 07:11 PM   #4
chicagobimmerboy
First Lieutenant
Italy
Rep
Drives: Un esotico Italiano ;)

Well hey the Cayanne gets 14 at best.
Appreciate 0