THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications BEM-S4's New Ride with Mods (and Pics)

11-18-2016, 02:22 PM   #1
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

BEM-S4's New Ride with Mods (and Pics)

As you probably know I sold the MG coupe to a forum member and got myself a 2016 M235 convertible, fully loaded BSM / CR from Jake and Bob at Sun Motors. Place isn't just good for Brian in the parts department, the sales guys are top notch too. Big thanks to IND, BBS, Brian at Sun. Did a number of mods and think I am about done for now. Won't bore you with anything that's been discussed to death already, but falling into that category would be:

IND BSM Front Reflectors
IND Diffuser Color Rear Reflectors
IND BSM Mirror Caps
Mirror Tap Radar Hardwire
Proclip Vent Mount
Stainless M Performance Pedals
HK Center Channel Disconnect
ASD Harness

Now on to the fun stuff that you actually might care to read about since as far as I know it's new. First, roads by me are total shit. Stock wheels and tires off, 17" BBS SR rims with DWS06 tires will be on the car full time. Minor, if noticeable at all, handling compromise at the limit and I can actually drive on the roads near me. From there I didn't like the chrome kidney grilles. I didn't want to go all black as BMW offers, I don't like the look on BSM. Need some sort of contrast. So IND did me a HUGE solid and painted my chrome surrounds to match the BBS rims. I love it, think it's perfect. BBS was great about sharing color code (MB Himalaya Grey 7756) followed by satin clear. Did my license plate frame too.

Next up, didn't love the brushed aluminum trim to go with the coral red. Wanted the red to be the focal point and have the rest of the interior as clean as possible. Did not want to go CF because I am not a fan of the standard set with the M Performance on the dash, the M2 set won't work for a convertible, and while I LOVE it with black leather, just too much going on with the red. Had Brian order me a full set of gloss black trim. You can get it in the 228/230 here or 235/240 literally everywhere else in the world. Super clean look, and 20% the cost of the CF.

Anyway that's it, on to the pics!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
BentZero624.50
      11-18-2016, 05:22 PM   #2
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

LOVE that satin double kidney treatment. Definitely a one-off. You'll get questions about that around town fo' sho'!

Looks great!
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2016, 03:50 PM   #3
Spydeputy
Brigadier General
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2015 F23 M235i/2008,E90,335xi

Garage List
Kudos to Modinator!!
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2016, 03:34 PM   #4
Spydeputy
Brigadier General
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2015 F23 M235i/2008,E90,335xi

Garage List
M2

Looks like Jeremy Clarkson likes the M2
Nice endorsement for BMW.

Appreciate 0
      11-22-2016, 06:40 PM   #5
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viffermike View Post
LOVE that satin double kidney treatment. Definitely a one-off. You'll get questions about that around town fo' sho'!

Looks great!
Thanks! That was my biggest concern since I couldn't see it before paying to have it done.
Appreciate 0