E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Cheaper UK fuel costs!

02-17-2006, 10:33 AM   #1
Flyingdwarf
First Officer
England
Rep
Drives: 320d M Sports

Cheaper UK fuel costs!

Hi there everyone in the UK. I dont know if anyone else has heard about this, but it might be of interest to you with the current price of fuel in the UK. I have signed up to this scheme which is basically a copy of a scheme currently working in Holland. The idea being that by getting a huge number of participants signed up to this 'fuel card scheme', those registered members will be able to get cheaper fuel. As yet the scheme is in its infancy, and will not be up an running for a couple more months, but if you sign up to the scheme, which is free, once the deals have been done with the petrol company/ies, we will hopefully see savings of a few pence per litre (think they are expecting 5p/litre). Just so you all know I am have no personal relationship to this scheme, and as it is not actually running yet I cant tell you how it is working. All I can say is that I am not someone who likes wasting money, and stopping at the pump almost makes me want to cry (hence I have ordered my first diesel). Just received an update email from them myself today, and at present there are some 180,000 people signed up, but obviously the more there are the more the bargaining power. Anyway I will let you make your own judgement. Just follow the link bellow.

http://www.pipelinecard.org/

For a bit more info of the pipeline fuel saving scheme and other money saving ideas on things across the board (mortgages, insurance etc), check out:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/

Most of the stuff is common sense, but this guy often has some pretty useful info. The way I see it, the money is always better in your own pocket.

Happy (and hopefully cheaper) driving.
      02-17-2006, 02:14 PM   #2
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep
Drives: 330i SE

Garage List
Nice find Flyingdwarf.
I use Shell Optimax, so I hope Pipeline have signed up with them, but we'll find out soon.

Viv

Appreciate 0
      02-17-2006, 04:14 PM   #3
- Paul -
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: see above.

Garage List
2005 320D SE  [10.00]
2005 645  [9.00]
I signed up with them ages ago. No card as yet??
      03-02-2006, 10:03 AM   #4
CardinalZeus77
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Porsche 991.2 Carrera S

Garage List
Just signed up! Anything to get cheaper fuel here in the UK!
Sold: F80 M3 Black Sapphire/Sakhir Orange
Sold: E92 M3 Jerez Black/Fox Red Leather
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2006, 03:14 AM   #5
paddywac
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw e90 320d m sport

Garage List
yep just signed up meself, as a company car driver with a 2.0d I only get 9p per mile for my business miles which does not cover the cost of my business miles hope that this redresses the balance
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2006, 03:43 AM   #6
Flyingdwarf
First Officer
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddywac
yep just signed up meself, as a company car driver with a 2.0d I only get 9p per mile for my business miles which does not cover the cost of my business miles hope that this redresses the balance
Ouch, 9p per mile. That isnt exactly generous. hope this thing actually goes ahead and we can save some pennies.
      03-05-2006, 03:40 PM   #7
paddywac
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
seriously pal my mates think I am a right nob keep searchin for lowest diesel prices, always search for a cheaper service station, however I have found that obviously the best way is drive normal, but I am young............. well 31 at the last count

any ideas or uk websites which will tel me where the cheapest forecorts are??????
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2006, 03:43 PM   #8
paddywac
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
sorry flyingdwarf but i have just notice u'r car spec, and I believe your spec is exactly the same as mine, r u a company car driver and is it HSBC?
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2006, 04:52 PM   #9
Flyingdwarf
First Officer
England
Rep

Quote:
sorry flyingdwarf but i have just notice u'r car spec, and I believe your spec is exactly the same as mine, r u a company car driver and is it HSBC?
Hah. Afraid not on both counts, but clearly you also have good taste. Had to pay for it myself I am afraid. The company vehicle is the one on the left.

Dont know about websites telling you where the fuel is cheap either, but I must admit I have started paying closer attention to the few that I drive past every day. I notice the price changes depending on what time of the day it is too (ie tends to cost more during rush hour!) so if you can avoid peak times that can help save a penny or so a litre. Any way of saving money though and I am interested!
      03-05-2006, 05:05 PM   #10
paddywac
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
is that your plane????

cool company car biggles, almost wished I had gone for the UK spec 325i SE it was cheaper then the 320d M Sport, go for the engine rather than the LOOKS!
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2006, 05:22 PM   #11
Flyingdwarf
First Officer
England
Rep

I wouldn't say it was mine. Costs a little more than a 320d M Sport I am afraid, but I do get paid to make it go from one place to another. Keeps me off the streets at least.
      05-03-2006, 07:30 AM   #12
Beefy
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E91 330d Trotter

Quote:
seriously pal my mates think I am a right nob keep searchin for lowest diesel prices, always search for a cheaper service station, however I have found that obviously the best way is drive normal, but I am young............. well 31 at the last count

any ideas or uk websites which will tel me where the cheapest forecorts are??????
For your information and reference....
http://www.petrolprices.com/
Happy motoring
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2006, 08:46 AM   #13
Flyingdwarf
First Officer
England
Rep

Thanks Beefy, nice one. Hope this will help stem the flow of cash from my pocket. Either that or Gordon Brown will suddenly get a conscience.

All the best. Safe, and cheap, driving.
      05-04-2006, 08:55 PM   #14
paddywac
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefy
For your information and reference....
http://www.petrolprices.com/
Happy motoring
Nice one beefy, I probs cost meself more money by driving until I find diesel 1P less somewhere, I have tried driving sensibly but its boring
Appreciate 0