BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls > 1200mile/2000km service question

10-21-2016, 09:36 AM   #1
bignico_05
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: aw 135i m sport

1200mile/2000km service question

So I've had my m2 for about 5 months now and I love it. It's not my daily driver though and due to a lot of hours at work I haven't been behind the wheel of it a lot. I have 850km. I'll soon be putting it in storage for winter as our winters here are really bad. What happens with my service? I'll hit the year mark and yet still won't have the 2000km/1200miles. Is that bad? Will my regular oil be in there too long? Should I change my regular oil anyway in a year yet due my 1200mile maintenance after that? Can someone enlighten me here.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2016, 06:11 AM   #2
PackPride85
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignico_05 View Post
So I've had my m2 for about 5 months now and I love it. It's not my daily driver though and due to a lot of hours at work I haven't been behind the wheel of it a lot. I have 850km. I'll soon be putting it in storage for winter as our winters here are really bad. What happens with my service? I'll hit the year mark and yet still won't have the 2000km/1200miles. Is that bad? Will my regular oil be in there too long? Should I change my regular oil anyway in a year yet due my 1200mile maintenance after that? Can someone enlighten me here.

Thanks!
I would definitely change the oil before putting it into storage. Some dealers will do the break in service before 1200 miles. There's one near me that would do it as long as you were within 400 miles.
Appreciate 0