E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Better engine output with latest update?

02-16-2006, 05:33 PM   #1
mister-e90
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 06 325i 06 650i conv.

Better engine output with latest update?

I know this has probably been answered but its been hard finding the right info:

I have been hearing stories of higher output and efficency with the latest updates. Does anyone know what the name of this update is and if it has any negative aspects? Also, would this cost money to get the dealer to upgrade?

Thanks-
      02-17-2006, 01:27 AM   #2
Tierfreund
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 330i

Engine output is not changed with SW updates on the US NA engines. In some cases with European 320 diesel versions, engine output has chnaged with programming. But often not for the better (Problems with the diesel particulate filter).
In some cases trany hesitation with steps or a power curve dip on the Euro spec 2.5 Litre 325 have been helped with the latest update.

If your car is running well, donīt bother with software updates. You will not gain ANY power.

Iīve had the latest updates installed on my early June 05 built 330 (needed th updates for Daytime Running Lights), and thereīs no change in engine behaviour whatsoever. The update only messed up my Cruise control that now intermittently does not accept th 5mph increment inputs.